Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson's future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Does anyone know if Connor's heart problem is 'mendable' and will it mean, if the operation went to plan, he can play again? Have there been any time estimations?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
According to Houghton he is looking forward to seeing Goldson back for pre season so i guess everything is fine

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No. He was sent on holiday to get some rest and sunshine before the op. The operation itself is a preventative measure, so it seems once is it is done, he should be able to resume his career.
It can't be quite that simple can it, as he'd just have the op now and get back to training. Is it just that it required a long rest after the op?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It can't be quite that simple can it, as he'd just have the op now and get back to training. Is it just that it required a long rest after the op?

Without knowing what the condition is, it's hard to say. The club have officially said the operation is only a preventative measure, so we have to take them at their word.
Funnily enough, it is was a more dangerous condition, he would've had the operation immediately.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I just hope he hasn't got the same condition as James Taylor.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Yeah, you'd think that the sooner it gets done, the earlier his return to fitness would be. I can only think that a few weeks here or there is not going to make any difference to him being ready to return next season, so as its not a medical emergency they are not rushing it through.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I just hope he hasn't got the same condition as James Taylor.

They wouldn't be talking about him returning to pre-season training if it was an ARVC.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Heart problems can put an end to a professional sport career because of the super level of fitness required. If the heart is anything less than perfect it could be problematic for the amount of stress put on it. Then again I don’t know his problem, I am not a doctor and I wish him a speedy return.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There are no certainties with operations, let alone a heart operation. The chances and expectations are that the will play again in the forthcoming season but this is a big issue and we all have to hope that it goes well.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I have been trying to fit all this to a potential diagnosis. Since echocardiograms (ultrasound of heart structure) won't be routine, it is unlikely to be a structural problem like a valve or cardiomyopathy.

ECGs (electrical heart traces) may be done more frequently so this could be what picked up the problem. Since he seems to have been asymptomatic this is likely to be a ECG abnormality that predisposes to dangerous arrhythmia. An example of this would be Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.

Treatment would involve radio-frequency ablation of the abnormal conduction pathway in the heart in a planned procedure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Does anyone know if Connor's heart problem is 'mendable' and will it mean, if the operation went to plan, he can play again? Have there been any time estimations?

As per the Argus article 'Chris Hughton is looking forward to having him back in the summer for pre-season training'. Must be massively reassuring for the lad after what must have come as one massive potentially life-changing blow. Wishing Connor a speedy return to business as usual in the Summer.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A Leeds friend reminded me of Asa Hartford, recently, when asking me how Connor was getting on. The older ones on here, may remember he failed a medical at Leeds, and so had his contract cancelled, due to a heart defect, but went on to have a good career.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yep he'll be back. Have every faith. Quality Quality player and strong character.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Here's to a successful op and full recovery.

I'm just really proud that we continue to sing for him every game. Plus it's a cracking song!

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
A Leeds friend reminded me of Asa Hartford, recently, when asking me how Connor was getting on. The older ones on here, may remember he failed a medical at Leeds, and so had his contract cancelled, due to a heart defect, but went on to have a good career.

Exactly. Strangely enough, as soon as I heard about CG's condition, it was Asa Hartford that immediately came to mind. It was a really big deal at the time, but as Thunder Bolt says, it didn't stop his career. Looking forward to seeing CG back ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here