Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bet on the Albion voided by BetFred

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
IMG_1380.PNGIMG_1381.PNG

Last night after the game I looked at the odds on Brighton to be promoted, or to win the championship. BetFred had Brighton to win the championship at 125/1. I opened a new account and placed a £5 bet which was accepted. On waking early this morning I received an email saying that my bet was voided due to a pricing error. I then tried to log into my account to get the £5 back and found a message that said that my account is blocked and I must phone them - no doubt at substantial cost. Surely this is not legal.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
That's the bit that really stuns me. I didn't take up any new account offers and placed a genuine bet. Ok so the odds were an error. However why have they suspended the account. It feels as though they are trying to make it as difficult as possible to take the money back. I won't use them again. I wonder what they would say if I placed £500 and called them and said I had made a mistake and it should have been £5.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Clearly an error in the odds, and although biting their hands off at those odds you would fully expect something like this.

It does actually state that you can still place the bet at the revised odds, presumably after the investigation.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I wonder if they would have taken the same action if it looked like we had no chance at all of winning the league ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Edit - read the OP properly before making a stupid post !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here