Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's Ref

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
I thought tonight's referee was absolutely blinding, no cards no needless fouls, let the game flow and didn't want to be the centre of attention. Big thumbs up from me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd convinced myself Dunk would still manage to get booked for what the replay would show to be an excellent tackle.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Certainly better than that madman we had at the Ipswich game....there were a couple of occasions where it was almost as if he was telling the players to calm down and play nicely.... no cards!

Dec 29, 2011
When we lose: "even if we had won id have said the ref was bad!'. Didn't give a card all night and as a result it turned into a dirty game, there were at least three bookable offences in that game.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good ref overall (in contrast to card happy little dictators), as were his assistants.

Helped by Derby NOT rolling around lying after a series of crunching fair tackles by our players.

Should've given their midfielder a yellow when he hacked down a Brighton player breaking in the middle in another greater counter attack.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
When we lose: "even if we had won id have said the ref was bad!'. Didn't give a card all night and as a result it turned into a dirty game, there were at least three bookable offences in that game.

Agreed. How Bruno didn't get a card for blocking off Vydra in the first half is beyond me. Bryson also should've been booked for the very late challenge on Kayal and Christie was lucky to get away without a card.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not bad, but Bruno probably should have been booked plus Hughes and another one of there's for persistent foul play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I thought he was good compared to most others I have seen. He let the game flow and could not be accused of favouring either side. He did miss a couple of yellow cards though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Had he got a bet on to not give a card? Bruno & Baldock very fortunate not to get booked as were their RB & Will 'persistent fouler' Hughes.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
What a refreshing change. I thought he was superb and proved you don't have to wave yellow cards around all the game. Let's have him every week please :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here