Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Huddersfield fan offering a different perspective

elliotthtafc

Mar 10, 2017
Hello! Huddersfield fan here.

I have written quite a emotionally charged impassionate blog reflecting on our season so far and what we could potentially achieve in the remainder of the season.

I thought as a direct promotion rival (still seems surreal to me) that you may be interested in having a read as it offers it you the different perspective and give you a real insight into our season.

https://viewfromkilnerbank.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/time-to-believe

Any reads and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes for the remainder of the season, I hope you'll be in the Premier League next season, over the course of the past two seasons you've deserved it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Nice blog. I'd urge you to look at our form over the last 10 games last season. I think most Brighton fans think we'll need to match that to avoid you catching us. I'd like to see one of the top three teams win the play-offs no matter what happens now. I'm sure you'd agree!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Nicely written rallying call.

Except no-one in their right mind believes that 'automatic is out of the question' for you lot, so that's a bit of a straw man.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I have written quite a emotionally charged impassionate blog reflecting on our season so far and what we could potentially achieve in the remainder of the season.

I thought as a direct promotion rival (still seems surreal to me) that you may be interested in having a read as it offers it you the different perspective and give you a real insight into our season.

Best wishes for the remainder of the season, I hope you'll be in the Premier League next season, over the course of the past two seasons you've deserved it.

If it were not most likely to be at our expense, I'd imagine pretty much all Albion fans would be willing you to do it. Obviously given the actual situation, I hope you lose your next ten games.

As to feedback (you did ask...)

1. Your piece doesn't even acknowledge the other teams in the race.

2. This line is a bit arrogant. There's nothing remotely 'unique' about a squad playing for each other. "There is a strong unbreakable bond between the fans, David Wagner, the squad and the club in general which is incredibly unique."

3. 'Incredibly unique' is just SILLY. Its either unique or it isn't.

4. Its a nonsense to suggest that 'no-one believes you can do it'.

5. Main point - the formatting of the site you're using is HORRIBLE. All the split words, between lines. Sort it out.
It makes your wri-
ting, much more diffic-
ult to read than it ne-
eds to be.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
If it were not most likely to be at our expense, I'd imagine pretty much all Albion fans would be willing you to do it. Obviously given the actual situation, I hope you lose your next ten games.

2. This line is a bit arrogant. There's nothing remotely 'unique' about a squad playing for each other. "There is a strong unbreakable bond between the fans, David Wagner, the squad and the club in general which is incredibly unique."

5. Main point - the formatting of the site you're using is HORRIBLE. All the split words, between lines. Sort it out.
It makes your wri-
ting, much more diffic-
ult to read than it ne-
eds to be.

2. Our HT friend clearly does not know very much about Brighton & Hove Albion at all #Together

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

It makes your wri-
ting, much more diffic-
ult to read than it ne-
eds to be.
I'm not reading it on principle now I've seen that critique.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
All fair enough. There's no doubt Wagner has done an incredible job. Let's just hope this year that whoever finishes 3rd wins the play-offs. As we discovered last season, if that happens to be a team that's put so much into playing catch-up, it's extraordinarily difficult to recover in time - mentally and physically. Although it seems impossible any club could suffer a repeat of the injury problems Albion endured in the first leg (not to mention the removal of a key player for the duration by a disgraceful decision in the final match).

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Nice blog. I'd urge you to look at our form over the last 10 games last season. I think most Brighton fans think we'll need to match that to avoid you catching us. I'd like to see one of the top three teams win the play-offs no matter what happens now. I'm sure you'd agree!

The top 3 are a few cuts above anything else and do so hope we all go up naturally the Albion in the top 2 though

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
For me there were no insight into your season in that blog. It was emotive sure, but not enough facts and too much hyperbole. You also used 'bouncebackability' so I knock a point off for that.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

With all due respect, I wish nothing but the WORST for Hudders' next 10 games. Losses, injuries, red cards, in-fighting. The lot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With all due respect, I wish nothing but the WORST for Hudders' next 10 games. Losses, injuries, red cards, in-fighting. The lot.

Very much this. On the flip-side I may well then be cheering them on in the following three...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

It makes your wri-
ting, much more diffic-
ult to read than it ne-
eds to be.
Without bothering to read it I could have guessed most of this. Huddersfield fans clearly think they are very special in some way at the moment (and I guess given their recent history and general status as a club then they are doing well) but I'm not sure why they expect the rest of us to be especially interested or impressed.

Barely positive goal difference over a Championship season tells you everything you need to know about how good they are. They are not that good and Wagner is not performing any sort of miracle. They have a roughly 20% chance of automatic promotion - there is more chance they will finish fourth than second. These opinions are not a hostage to fortune, or reflecting any arrogance, they are simply based on the available evidence.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Under normal circumstances the Huddersfield story is brilliant (winning with style, without breaking the bank)....just not at our expense. I expected them to do well this year, the signs were there last season, but not this well.

I'll be cheering any dropped points from them until the end of the season. Sorry HT fans.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
They very much remind me of us last season.

If they weren't challenging us for automatic promotion I'd be rooting for them all the way.
As much as I'm not Wagner's biggest fan, you can't deny he's done an absolutely amazing job there. I hope they go up, albeit via the playoffs...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Nice one. well written and certainly aimed at a different audience to this lot.

I am an expat although supported brighton for 44 years, I have also seen the ups and down of Town's seasons throughout the years ( my first game was in 1966 town vs Blackburn Rovers in September just before we emigrated to SA) I remember being cold and bored... Watching town on the TV this year has been a revelation ...I thought the team under Bruce who missed out on promotion at Fulham ( horrible day) was a decent side, but this one really is a great side. As our resident pedant says, unique is a odd choice or words, but certainly I haven't seen a town side who play for each other so much and that is probably why people on here are thinking along the lines of that is basically what is happening here this year ( although under Gus Poyet, there was also a great team spirit)

I still think there is a lot more to come from this season and I am still not convinced that it will not come down to a 3 horse race with all three sides being able to go up the last day of the season. We have Derby tonight and L***s on Saturday week, so these are two very important games and I have never seen Town win at Brentford and I have been there a few times, so this could be a pivotal few days.

cheers Dave

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I hope you go up with us, then we can both belly laugh at the toon!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

elliotthtafc

Mar 10, 2017

I agree entirely and thank you for the kind words.

elliotthtafc

Mar 10, 2017
Nicely written rallying call.

Except no-one in their right mind believes that 'automatic is out of the question' for you lot, so that's a bit of a straw man.

Didn't Steve McClaren say that "Brighton were getting promoted without a shadow of a doubt"? I think most football fans, Huddersfield fans included are expecting you to go up automatically on the back of your home form alone. I think i'm missing 'in the eyes of many' when I say that automatic is out of the question.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here