Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waiting List

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Understand there is 1500 on waitng list. I wonder How many will go to games this season . How many have seen Albion play and how many will claim a ticket if we dont go up

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Understand there is 1500 on waitng list. I wonder How many will go to games this season . How many have seen Albion play and how many will claim a ticket if we dont go up

Why don't you ask the same question to the existing 23,000 fans, the majority of which didn't have a season ticket at Withdean!

el punal

It's still amazing that we have reached capacity on the permitted number of season tickets sold (23,000?). I've been informed that that is in the top ten of highest number of season tickets per club in England. Outside of the Premier League only Newcastle and ourselves are in that elite group.

So if we reach the promised land of the Premier League in May there won't be too many JCLs or glory hunters coming to the Amex based on the following :

Amex capacity - 30,750, number of season ticket holders - 23,000, 10% allocation for away fans - 3,075, pay per game tickets - 4,675 (less seats for club complimentary guests, seats taken up for segregation areas, seats taken for group bookings).

Blimey, we are popular! And to think that in 2011 I was told that the club were looking to sell 12,000 season tickets and hoping for attendances of around 18,000.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On a side note, if your figures are correct, being number 184 on the waiting list doesn't seem all that bad now :rave:

Pretty sure you'll get one number 184 :thumbsup: All the best.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why don't you ask the same question to the existing 23,000 fans, the majority of which didn't have a season ticket at Withdean!

Sure, but times change. I had season tickets at Withdean and the Goldstone.

It doesn't make me any better or worse than current season ticket holders and we are all supporting the club.

What I have over them though, is my white poncho! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's still amazing that we have reached capacity on the permitted number of season tickets sold (23,000?). I've been informed that that is in the top ten of highest number of season tickets per club in England. Outside of the Premier League only Newcastle and ourselves are in that elite group.

So if we reach the promised land of the Premier League in May there won't be too many JCLs or glory hunters coming to the Amex based on the following :

Amex capacity - 30,750, number of season ticket holders - 23,000, 10% allocation for away fans - 3,075, pay per game tickets - 4,675 (less seats for club complimentary guests, seats taken up for segregation areas, seats taken for group bookings).

Blimey, we are popular! And to think that in 2011 I was told that the club were looking to sell 12,000 season tickets and hoping for attendances of around 18,000.

And not to forget that back in 2011 Palarse trolls on here told us it was new stadium syndrome that would wear off after a couple of years.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

It doesn't make me any better or worse than current season ticket holders and we are all supporting the club.

I can add to that being a season ticket holder at the Preistfield, when the couple of thousand fans who traveled to home games were considered by the club as true fans. How things have changed, I am now a customer who can easily and gladly be replaced by a JCL with plenty of money. I wonder how many of those Gillingham traveling fans are left today?

Last edited:

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
The regular I'm a proper fan thread that wants a special club to only include people who have been watching since their own arbitrary pre-specified time point.... what is the defined cut-off? To watch Brighton should you be there from
- 1901 - probably not many season ticket holders
- Goldstone yrs - well there were less than 9k of us at the end
- Gillingham - 2k of us ratting around the amex would be pretty miserable
- From birth??

Every new person be they young or old, from Sussex or Croydon, BHA through and through or Chelsea fans however long or short they plan to watch the Albion they are welcome and let's hope they enjoy the experience and come again.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

That's the point I'm making. People have to have started supporting the club at some point. There will always be some that might take advantage so they can see their 'first team' next season but hopefully the majority will have BHA as their first team. I remember having a season ticket next to someone at the Goldstone for many years yet in 1983 he wanted Utd to win as that was his boyhood team! Couldn't believe it at the time!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's the point I'm making. People have to have started supporting the club at some point. There will always be some that might take advantage so they can see their 'first team' next season but hopefully the majority will have BHA as their first team. I remember having a season ticket next to someone at the Goldstone for many years yet in 1983 he wanted Utd to win as that was his boyhood team! Couldn't believe it at the time!

Quite. Re Man Utd - madness......

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Coming to a seat near you.... :)

IF we get promoted.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I can add to that being a season ticket holder at the Preistfield, when the couple of thousand fans who traveled to home games were considered by the club as true fans. How things have changed, I am now a customer who can easily and gladly be replaced by a JCL with plenty of money. I wonder how many of those Gillingham traveling fans are left today?

I would be amazed that if you went to gillingham you back in the dark days yiu wouldnt be going now? Therefore i would guess there are a fair few of us attending unless dead or financial constraints...

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

So you would still have us playing in front of 6900 in a what was then a 23000 capacity stadium ... We have moved on and grown

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And not to forget that back in 2011 Palarse trolls on here told us it was new stadium syndrome that would wear off after a couple of years.

Not just Palace. I remember people making comments on the Argus website that the club would struggle to make the 13,000 break-even attendance (which was the original figure) and would go into administration in a few years.

Don't hear much of that these days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here