Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Faulty Car Help/Advice

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
My car is currently residing on my drive and not even John Cleese could bring it back from the dead!

I was hoping the good people of NSC could share any experiences of using Faulty Car Buying sites, or any other suggestions (constructive)!

I'm not expecting a financial miracle, but something (however small) to go towards my next ride.

For those of you asking what make and model it is, ashamedly it's a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily) Focus 2005. So even if it was working only worth at best £1,500.

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom and expected banter. :wink:

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
What is wrong with it?

It's an electrical fault, the whole instrument panel just goes blank when you're driving and the needles stay at their last position but the engine still goes until you turn it off, then the car is dead. The instrument panel was sent off to be re-calibrated and the software updated a couple of years ago and everything was OK again for a while. Then last year, end of November it went again. AA towed the car to the Garage who had a look (the panel had come back to life by the end of the same day) and everything was OK until Wednesday when it died again (proper dead).

I'm just fed up with it and the not knowing when it might go again (at the moment that looks like never), so just want to cut my losses. I don't want to spend out on it as it needs a service, new tyres and also some work done on the suspension.

Time to be realistic, me thinks!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here