Paul Barber - City AM

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
Good article.

I enjoy listening to(/reading) him speak. He makes a few unpopular decisions *ahem* ID's, but on the whole I think he is very good at what he does and seems to understand the importance of the fans to a football club and vise versa.

Happy fans = more money.

Not an awful trade, we would be a lot worse off without him.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nice piece, seen some of it before but not all - didn't know about those clubs visiting the training ground.

I'd question one thing though. He says "More and more people want to see live sport, particularly Premier League football."

Yet, viewing figures for Sky are heading downwards. A drop of 19% in a year is a pretty significant one

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I'm sure I'll be flamed/fixtured but did a search and couldn't find anything...

Interesting article focusing on the business angle of our rebirth:

http://www.cityam.com/260258/brighton-hove-albion-chief-paul-barber-explains-off-field

Sure most will see as an opportunity to pour scorn on his involvement but I for one was heartened by our interaction with some of the world's biggest clubs here.

fixt...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?349135-Barber-confirms-Chinese-interest-in-BHAFC-player(s)&highlight=Auditorium

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nice piece, seen some of it before but not all - didn't know about those clubs visiting the training ground.

I'd question one thing though. He says "More and more people want to see live sport, particularly Premier League football."

Yet, viewing figures for Sky are heading downwards. A drop of 19% in a year is a pretty significant one

Overseas figures are increasing though.

Sky have made pricing errors and it's resulted in many subscribers, myself included, cancelling. Happy to watch MoTD or not at all and save £1,000 a year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"...are near certain to at least make the play-offs again this year".

My kind of thinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here