Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mutiny

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, this isn't about what to do when approached and asked for your id at football. Wondered if anyone else has watched the first two episodes of the recreation of Captain Bligh's journey?

Was Chris put in the boat for a bit of mischief by the producers? Seems to act up to the Scouse stereotype, probably without realizing it. Suspect many on Merseyside are a bit pissed off with his antics.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just caught up with this - enjoyed it so far.

Amazing to think the original journey by Bligh and his crew succeeded whilst these guys have the back up of a support boat with medical help etc. It's still a feat by these guys though - I read one of them lost 25kg.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Decent show, agree with the "putting him in for drama" makes it more interesting I guess!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ben, the big lad who's a carpenter, does anyone else recognise him from that show a few years ago where a group of tradesmen had to build a Roman style villa/bathhouse using ancient methods and tools? I'm sure it's him, he was a labourer back then?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Ben, the big lad who's a carpenter, does anyone else recognise him from that show a few years ago where a group of tradesmen had to build a Roman style villa/bathhouse using ancient methods and tools? I'm sure it's him, he was a labourer back then?

He's just had to pull out of the programme due to an infected hand.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Watched the first two episodes on 'catch-up' yesterday.
Enjoyed it and can quite see how Chris has spent some time in prison. Total knobhead......if he is for real, and I suspect he is. Makes for good telly though.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Spolier?

The programme's been shown on tv - if you didn't want to know anything perhaps better off not reading the thread. ???

Sorry! When you said "just" I assumed you knew something since episode 2 was shown (have only seen first last night).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Are any of the bookies offering odds as to who's going to deck Chris first?

Perhaps a good old fashioned keel hauling would be in order.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Apparently the descendants of Captain Bligh and Fletcher Christian were still feuding over the incident over 200 years later. It was also quite interesting to read what happened to the mutineers in the years following. Most of them had been killed, some by each other within four years, including Fletcher Christian.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.in...christians-the-209-year-feud-1151674.html?amp

That is an amazing read. I might have to give Serpent in Paradise a read,

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
That is an amazing read. I might have to give Serpent in Paradise a read,

You might find the wiki link interesting. The John Adams character is quite interesting. He lived on for nearly 40 years on Pitcairn Island after all the other mutineers had died. He was discovered nearly twenty years after the mutiny having established a civilised community and was pardoned and permitted to live on there undisturbed until his death.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutiny_on_the_Bounty

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Adams_(mutineer)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here