Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Current Form

el punal

I've just had a look at our recent form over the last 10 games, which some people are judging as our worst period of the season. It reads 5 wins, 2 draws, 3 defeats, a total of 17 points from 30. If we replicate that for the remaining matches it would mean we finish on 91 points. Not too shabby considering, but will it be enough for automatic promotion? I sincerely hope so. :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've just had a look at our recent form over the last 10 games, which some people are judging as our worst period of the season. It reads 5 wins, 2 draws, 3 defeats, a total of 17 points from 30. If we replicate that for the remaining matches it would mean we finish on 91 points. Not too shabby considering, but will it be enough for automatic promotion? I sincerely hope so. :shrug:

Will 91 be enough though? The stats would indicate it would, but I just wonder.

I think we'll lose another two, one of which will hopefully be academic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Get through the next two games with a minimum of 3 points and I'll start to get excited

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
All we have to do is win all our remaining games and I'm pretty sure that would be enough..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Plus we have goal difference worth another point

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

One might assume we'll improve on that over the final ten IF the slump is over.

Huddersfield have 22 points from their last 10 games. If they keep that up over their final 11 games they will get 92 points.

*cry*

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Newcastle and Fulham (as well as Huddersfield) are the in-form teams.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Rather than looking over the next 10 games, i would suggest that the next 4 games will go a long way towards deciding if we are going to finish in the top two.

3 of those 4 games are at home, and of those 3, 2 are against relegation threatened teams (Blackburn and Birmingham (given their free fall)) 10 or 12 points and the picture should look a lot clearer in terms of points needed from the last 6

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We've got much 'easier' matches over the next 10 games, than over the last 10 - which should hopefully boost the points return.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Naylor's Folly

Promoted clubs in the last 3 seasons, last 10 games

Burnley 22
Boro 22
Albion 24 (not promoted)

Bournemouth 24
Watford 21

Leicester 21
Burnley 20

20 pts gives us 94 pts, this might be good enough but we could go to Villa needing to win, or equal Huddersfield who are at home to Cardiff.

If Huddersfield had beaten Newcastle, I thought we would need 97 pts.

If we beaten Forest we might have saved us a lot of trouble. Beating Derby should make up for it.

Anyrate, Naylor is wrong. It will be over 90 pts.

Look like Newcastle will make 95 even of they lose at home to Fulham.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Promoted clubs in the last 3 seasons, last 10 games

Burnley 22
Boro 22
Albion 24 (not promoted)

Bournemouth 24
Watford 21

Leicester 21
Burnley 20

20 pts gives us 94 pts, this might be good enough but we could go to Villa needing to win, or equal Huddersfield who are at home to Cardiff.

If Huddersfield had beaten Newcastle, I thought we would need 97 pts.

If we beaten Forest we might have saved us a lot of trouble. Beating Derby should make up for it.

Anyrate, Naylor is wrong. It will be over 90 pts.

Look like Newcastle will make 95 even of they lose at home to Fulham.

We need a minimum 2 points a game and for Huddersfield to draw 4 of 11 games. I think it works out as promotion.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Apart from Leeds playing no one above 8th, surely we can do better than 17 points, I'd hope for 20 or 21

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Considering the opposition during those 10 games - 1.7 ppg is not a terrible dip in form.
Admittedly it has allowed Huddersfield to get back into contention.

I still think 92 points will be enough and requires us to hit 1.8 ppg
Huddersfield might be able to overtake us, if they make a similar improvement in form.
Having less room for them to hit that mark, is hopefully our saving grace.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It just irritates me that in the most important run of the season we have to stop for f'kin internationals!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Rather than looking over the next 10 games, i would suggest that the next 4 games will go a long way towards deciding if we are going to finish in the top two.

3 of those 4 games are at home, and of those 3, 2 are against relegation threatened teams (Blackburn and Birmingham (given their free fall)) 10 or 12 points and the picture should look a lot clearer in terms of points needed from the last 6

I would hope we win the 3 homes, and maybe get a draw at dirty Leeds, so 10 pts.

Huddersfield next 4 are Brentford A, Brizzle A, Burton H, Norwich H - a couple of banana skins in there. Brentford away won't be easy, nor Norwich (depending which Norwich turn up)

Newcastle meanwhile, I fully expect to get 12 points from their next 4 of Fulham H, Brum A, Wigan H, Burton H.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Probably go into the last game needing a draw and go 1-0 down and then someone who has only played a bit part in our season will bang one in and score the equaliser and be a legend from that day on

Oh sorry that was 1997 not 2017

But you never know being an Albion fan as we never do anything the easy way

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here