Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham - Just What The Doctor Ordered?

el punal

Having suffered two defeats on the trot, one very unfortunate and one all of our own making, I was wondering which Albion would turn up last night. Playing a team rooted to the bottom of the table and us with more than a hint of a dented confidence posed a potential banana skin outcome.

I needn't have worried. The boys produced a competent away performance, a 2-0 win and another clean sheet to boot. Perhaps a bit of mojo returning? I was wondering how we would have fared against more conspicuous opponents, maybe not as well. So big thanks to the God of Fixture Lists, just as we looked as if we were suffering we play a team that's bang out of sorts - just what the doctor ordered. :albion2:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It was a nice game to get us back to winning ways but also lets not delude ourselves, we will need to play better on Friday especially in the first half to get a result.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It was the perfect fixture but let's not swing from abject misery to delirium. We rightly beat one of the worst teams to have played in this league since we've been in it.

Friday will be a far better barometer of where we're at.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With two very tough games coming up it was certainly a massive relief to stop the rot with a clean sheet. I'll take 4 points from the next two games very happily.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Certainly seems to have steadied the Good Ship Albion. Anything other than a win last night would have been an absolute disaster. Now to kick on v Derby on Friday.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
CH was disappointed we didn't go on to win 3 or 4-0 as that would have been a better reflection of our overall performance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly seems to have steadied the Good Ship Albion. Anything other than a win last night would have been an absolute disaster. Now to kick on v Derby on Friday.
I doubt the win has made the slightest difference to the Good Ship Albion.

As for the Paddle Steamer Pissy Pants, that is NSC and it's feckless bio-polar crew, last night's win is just a temporary plaster until the next points are dropped.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
It was a nice game to get us back to winning ways but also lets not delude ourselves, we will need to play better on Friday especially in the first half to get a result.

This. We did not play that well yesterday. I left the ground feeling less than elated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here