Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is all very well if we had the infrastructure, factories and skilled labour to be able to manufacture those parts sadly we don't that's why we currently get them from other countries
    Well we better get training people then.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      Well we better get training people then.
      Longstanding problem with that is our financial institutions and banks are not supportive or interested in manufacturing. Too much investment required and the bucks aren't quick enough, hence most of it has been closed down or flogged off to foreign companies with their connivance, lining their pockets along the way.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      There is a rumour doing the rounds that the offer the government made to Nissan was to reimburse any customs duty that the EC will impose on their cars being built in Sunderland and exported to continental Europe. If that turns out to be true ( and I can't see how else Nissan would have wanted to stay if duty would be applied) then I assume that is what the unions are getting at being offered to Peugeot. Trouble is every industry will ask for the same and how the hell we could afford that would be very interesting!
      Yeah BMW, Jaguar and others will want the same.
      Give us UNIONS NOT UNICORNS!!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by grubbyhands View Post
      What is a decent,reliable brand (GM) will be dragged down to Peugeot/Citroen sh#t quality. Look what happened when Nissan, a reliable though inexpensive brand, got involved with Renault
      They have and will both sink to the lowest common denominator.Before anyone slates me for this, I work in the motor trade and have seen the quality demise first hand.Just an opinion though like!
      Interesting.
      I have got a Renault van I bought when it was nearly new 07 reg, it's been a very good reliable van so far.
      Not owned a Renualt before and this one doesn't really owe me anything now, but I've looked after it and kept it clean and tidy.

My wife owns a much newer Vauxhall that she bought nearly new with very low milage, this car has had all sorts of problems.
      She's had no end of issues with the electric handbrake.