Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Composure

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Seems to me this has been our chief failing in the last two games.

We were just a few minutes and better game management away from beating the barcodes.

At Forest, we didn't play well but were still the stronger team. We created better chances and dominated possession.

What we lacked in both games was composure in keeping the ball and in front of goal.

Duffy is potentially a big loss. But if we keep our nerve and regain that composure, we will be fine.

I'm staying up in Leeds with my eldest as have some work here, so am looking forward to seeing us put things right on Tuesday. UTA!

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Personally think it's a combination of flogging the same players to death and running them into the ground and nonsensical substitutions personally.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

We were just a few minutes and better game management away from beating the barcodes.

At Forest, we didn't play well but were still the stronger team. We created better chances and dominated possession.

What we lacked in both games was composure in keeping the ball and in front of goal.

Duffy is potentially a big loss. But if we keep our nerve and regain that composure, we will be fine.

I'm staying up in Leeds with my eldest as have some work here, so am looking forward to seeing us put things right on Tuesday. UTA!

PG

Any chance of bouncing that bookings thread? Hopefully correctly, I'm of the view that we're now in the position where none of our players can go beyond the ten threshold at the end of March.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

PG

This is one of PG'S tips :p

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
So the freak lucky goal had nothing to do with it?

FWIW I think we've been very unlucky in the last 2 games. But in the long-run, you make your own luck. For example, if Stockdale catches the corner then that freak goal wouldn't happen. He is impeded by a defender, something that with more composure, wouldn't have happened.

PG

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

PG

I'm hoping the BFG will step up and fill the void left by SD:thumbsup:

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
Problem occurs in the last ten minutes of the game, playing 90 minutes is not enough most games run anywhere between 93-98 mins. Stop trying to defend out this period and attack tired defences. That's why we get dicked.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I think a couple of the team are 'guilty', if that's the right word, of wanting it too much at times, leading to, as you say, a lack of composure.

I've certainly noticed AK trying to do things on his own a bit more recently. Murray's noticed it as well, in the Newcastle game he was keeping count of how many times he felt AK should have set him up, and letting him know about it.

Think it helps explain some of Dunk's bookings as well.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think Knockaert needs to mix his game up a bit and save his mazey runs for special moments in the game. Watching the Champ and Prem games this weekend it was noticable that most of the goals scored were when the ball was put in the box quickly. Beating one man and getting the ball in quickly is easier for the strikers to read and time.

Matt Ritchie can do everything that Knockaert can do but watching the way he plays he keeps it simple and he knows his job is to bring players into play and serve the strikers. If I were Murray I would be frustrated tbh, because between them they should really be scoring hatfuls.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
The previous two posts are worth (re)reading.
Agreed. Need to understand how our good players can have so much decent forward possession without looking like scoring. We definitely don't often enough just put a quick, quality, ball into an area for someone to attack... combination of bad crosses by full backs and wingers over elaborating in recent times.

Hopefully all will be hunky dory again soon.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think Knockaert needs to mix his game up a bit and save his mazey runs for special moments in the game. Watching the Champ and Prem games this weekend it was noticable that most of the goals scored were when the ball was put in the box quickly. Beating one man and getting the ball in quickly is easier for the strikers to read and time.

Matt Ritchie can do everything that Knockaert can do but watching the way he plays he keeps it simple and he knows his job is to bring players into play and serve the strikers. If I were Murray I would be frustrated tbh, because between them they should really be scoring hatfuls.

Look at the goal against Barnsley... run and lovely sharp pass low into the box and a goal....What it also requires is SB to get into the 6 yard box....

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Problem occurs in the last ten minutes of the game, playing 90 minutes is not enough most games run anywhere between 93-98 mins. Stop trying to defend out this period and attack tired defences. That's why we get dicked.
Yeah I'd go with this

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Look at the goal against Barnsley... run and lovely sharp pass low into the box and a goal....What it also requires is SB to get into the 6 yard box....

It's all about working together as a unit and keeping it quick simple. It's hard work for the strikers timing their runs when the ball never gets to them. When they do get the ball we know that all our strikers can put them away.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here