Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian politician proposes legalising football hooliganism

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
A Russian politician has proposed legalising football hooliganism and turning it into a sport. Igor Lebedev has drawn up rules for "draka" - the Russian word for fight - which he said would involve 20 unarmed competitors on each side in an organised brawl.

He published the proposal on his party's website, stating: "Russia would be a pioneer in a new sport. Fans arrive, for example, and start picking fights. And they get the answer - challenge accepted. A meeting in a stadium at a set time.''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39172314

World Cup 2018 is going to be a barrel of laughs!

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Think Alan Green is the first of many from this country who will give World Cup Russia a miss. You couldn't pay me enough to go to that dictatorship-even if England made the final!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Quite! Amazes me how the World Cup is being allowed to go ahead there after their behavior in France and Russian officials openly praising and encouraging the "fans" doing it.
You shouldn't be that amazed, methinks. This was a FIFA decision after all, I don't think common sense has much to do with any of their decisions in recent years.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You shouldn't be that amazed, methinks. This was a FIFA decision after all, I don't think common sense has much to do with any of their decisions in recent years.

Absolutely. Corrupt governing body pairs up with corrupt governement. If anything it's more "football's coming home" than Euro 96!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I suppose as they've fewer countries to send their conscripts to there is a need for a training programme. What follows when the Russians become bored with hooligan matches, do they start building coliseums and bring back gladiator contests

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
A Russian politician has proposed legalising football hooliganism and turning it into a sport. Igor Lebedev has drawn up rules for "draka" - the Russian word for fight - which he said would involve 20 unarmed competitors on each side in an organised brawl.

He published the proposal on his party's website, stating: "Russia would be a pioneer in a new sport. Fans arrive, for example, and start picking fights. And they get the answer - challenge accepted. A meeting in a stadium at a set time.''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39172314

World Cup 2018 is going to be a barrel of laughs!

See this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA :O

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I suppose as they've fewer countries to send their conscripts to there is a need for a training programme. What follows when the Russians become bored with hooligan matches, do they start building coliseums and bring back gladiator contests

Rollerball!!!!!!!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can't say I'm surprised, been on the cards for years.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
France, Syria, Ukraine. These boys love a good ruck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here