Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New contracts = lack of form?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Murray signs for the Albion and now can't score. Knocky signs a new deal and now seems lacklustre. WTF is going on with our best players. Should we really being doing contract business at this time of year?

Don't be a ****. Without Knocky and Murray banging them in this season we'd be reduced to Hemed and Baldock being given a free ride up front. And that worked SO well last season :rolleyes:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Murray signs for the Albion and now can't score. Knocky signs a new deal and now seems lacklustre. WTF is going on with our best players. Should we really being doing contract business at this time of year?

Bit harsh. Dunk has been in excellent form since signing a new contract, Knockeart has had one game and Murray isn't expected to score every week !

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Rather they sign with us than contract runs out and the walk away. Was all looking good until Tuesday at 9.30 pm ish

Firstly, I am not trying to slag off two of our most influential players this season. I'm just pointing out the fact that both have seen a drop in form since they have signed new contracts.

All I'm saying is, could there be a connection, or is the dip in form just down to the amount of games being played?

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Firstly, I am not trying to slag off two of our most influential players this season. I'm just pointing out the fact that both have seen a drop in form since they have signed new contracts.

All I'm saying is, could there be a connection, or is the dip in form just down to the amount of games being played?

Murray didn't score in January prior to signing his contract. He's scored 2 goals since signing. Knockaert only signed on Friday, and was far better at Forest than he was against Newcastle. This doesn't make any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Going in the opposite direction, Albion signed Shane Duffy from Blackburn, this was on the back of him not having a fantastic end to their season.
Now with us, he's bloody marvellous.
Nothing in it that in signing new contracts GM & AK form has dipped a tad.
Sh!t happens we have to deal with it.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Knocky has been off his best form for a while. Are you suggesting he signed the new deal a while back? Murray is a player who often has a dip in form with a new deal in his pocket

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here