Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings from the Forest game anyone?

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Stockdale - 1 (killed the game off for us)
Dunk - 7
Duffy - 7
Rosenior - 5.5 (not match sharp)
Stephens - 5.5 (passing in 1st half was poor)
Sidwell - 6.5 (some great tackles)
Knockheart - 6 (just didn't come off for him but worked hard)
Murphy - 5
Murray - 5
Baldock - 4

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Stockdale - 1 (killed the game off for us)
Dunk - 7
Duffy - 7
Rosenior - 5.5 (not match sharp)
Stephens - 5.5 (passing in 1st half was poor)
Sidwell - 6.5 (some great tackles)
Knockheart - 6 (just didn't come off for him but worked hard)
Murphy - 5
Murray - 5
Baldock - 4

Bit harsh for Stockdale, a collective 5.5 maybe. Bad day, move on to Yorkshireland on Tuesday

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Stockdale - 4
Bruno 6
Dunk - 7
Duffy - 7
Rosenior - 6
Stephens - 2 (showing no appetite, arguing with AK, half a yard behind most things)
Sidwell - 5 (some great tackles)
Knockheart - 5 (just didn't come off for him but worked hard)
Murphy - 4
Murray - 3
Baldock - 5

Feels odd to be saying that it was no fault of the defence, but it is true!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockdale 4 Hoorrendous error
Rosenior 6 With no left foot wiil not make left back
Bruno 6 Passing poor
Dunk 5 Good game apart from stupid booking that may cost us
Duffy 7 Good game Part of a defence that for 85 mins they never looked dangerous
Stevens 6 Fair Like to see take up more central attacking positions
Sidwell 6 ." " " "
Knockharet 6 Please stay on feet and not keep looking for fouls
Murray 3 Apart from winning couple of headers did nothing. If he attempts to lose his marker he may receive ball more. Far to static.
Baldock 3 Did nothing. Unless to his feet doesnt make an effort. Doesnt even jump for it. Should think there defenders thought they were on holiday with these two.
Murphy 5 Average
Norwood Why on earth bring defensive midfielder on. Kayal must return. Always makes himself available and doesnt get knocked of ball. Also plays moore forward. Also think young Arsenal forward should play. More aggresive then what we have and different with pace. Once we pair Murray/Hemed they must be slowest pairing in league

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
5's all round
Less than this for stocko and more than this for March

Ironically the going over CH gave the squad after Rotherham away last year, was start of amazing run

Amazing run this year needs to START at Rotherham away

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Bit harsh for Stockdale, a collective 5.5 maybe. Bad day, move on to Yorkshireland on Tuesday

He deserves less beceuase he killed any chance of getting anything out the game for us, and a point could end up being crucial.

I was one of the few confident in the stands that we would score to salvage a point out the game, which is what I was expecting us to get from the offset.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Thought many of our players were pretty poor,but as mentioned before the game,thought tues loss to Newcastle would hit the players hard,and on yesterday's evidence,it did,oh well,we move on to tues

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Of course he won't. Despite having played there regularly and successfully in the Premier League :wozza:

And was left back for us from Bristol City onwards in last year's amazing end of season run of results.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Stockdale 4 Shame about the late howler which he won’t forget in a while. I hope it doesn’t dent his confidence, following on so closely on the Gouffran near-howler vs Toon on Tuesday
Rosenior 5 Seemed to lack confidence in his first match back. Understandable. Am sure he'll improve as he settles back into the squad.
Bruno 6 Some of his passing was awry and he wasn’t his usual assertive self
Dunk 6 Solid but unnecessary backchat to ref resulted in yet another yellow card. From where I sat I thought he got the ball cleanly despite the penalty decision
Duffy 7 Solid as always. Feel really bad for him after his last minute injury
Stevens 6 Not alert and slow at times allowing Forest to get back in numbers whenever we “threatened”
Sidwell 6 A couple of crunching tackles
Knockhaert 5 Another game where his judgement wasn’t at its best. He always gives 100% but his decision making has been a bit suspect of late
Murray 4 Won a few headers but poor first touch when playing to feet. Looked fatigued and I was surprised he started over Hemed
Baldock 4 Not at his best and featured little against an average team
Murphy 5 Started well but his final ball wasn’t always great
Norwood 5 Thought he did okay when he came on but wasn’t able to assert himself and his crosses were too often overhit
Hemed 5 In fairness, came on too late to make a difference – was surprised he replaced Baldock rather than Murray
Solly 5 One good shot which tested the keeper. Also not on long enough to influence the game

CH 4 Questionable timing of subs and should have been more confident to attack from the off. Forest grew into the game and must have been surprised that we sat back for so long. The first half in particular was a dire affair.

A rare, bad week best forgotten so let’s hope we can learn from it and put things right at Rotherham. With only 11 points banked from our last 24 available we need to get back to our winning ways soon to steady everyone’s nerves! The saving grace is that our earlier, stellar form has put us in a fantastic position to finish in the top two, despite the disappointment of our last 2 games. We can do this.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In fairness he didnt help Murphy going forward and was caught out a number of times due to being right footed and lack of match fitness but good to see him back as he will only get better with games.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Norwood Why on earth bring defensive midfielder on.

He changed the game and was probably behind that twenty minutes post goal pre Stockdale calmity when we controlled things. Fed the wings, especially March, switched play, corners that deserved better, and had a couple of shots.

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
He deserves less beceuase he killed any chance of getting anything out the game for us, and a point could end up being crucial.

I was one of the few confident in the stands that we would score to salvage a point out the game, which is what I was expecting us to get from the offset.

Agree - thought we looked the most like scoring before and after the first goal.

When you see it back its comical. Hopefully after the one against Newcastle and that one he's got them out his system! UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here