Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Exactly Where is the 'Goldilocks Zone.'

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I see endless debate on players who aren't 'match fit' and need competitive games to up their fitness levels yet are not deemed fit enough to start.

I see more endless debate on players who are tired through playing at most two matches in a seven day period and need to be 'rested'.

So just exactly where is the 'Goldilocks Zone' where players play at their optimum performance?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I see endless debate on players who aren't 'match fit' and need competitive games to up their fitness levels yet are not deemed fit enough to start.

I see more endless debate on players who are tired through playing at most two matches in a seven day period and need to be 'rested'.

So just exactly where is the 'Goldilocks Zone' where players play at their optimum performance?

Ask Mr Southey :thumbsup:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Who is Mr Southey?

D0DB7A59-C638-4CA6-BB69-422DF86EF58A.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
'Goldilocks Zone'

Is this a recent or ancient saying? never heard it before-

Fascinating answer when Googled,it is something to do with our (Earth's) distance from the Sun...

With regards the question,we & they have 11 games to try to find it........

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Is this a recent or ancient saying? never heard it before-

Fascinating answer when Googled,it is something to do with our (Earth's) distance from the Sun...

With regards the question,we & they have 11 games to try to find it........

It's the habitable zone for life of an earthlike-planet which scientists are attempting to find.

My analogy to this comparing it with footballers is basically to demonstrate how delicate and fine is the balance between fitness and tiredness.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's the habitable zone for life of an earthlike-planet which scientists are attempting to find.

My analogy to this comparing it with footballers is basically to demonstrate how delicate and fine is the balance between fitness and tiredness.

I don't suppose this month is going to be of much use in finding out for some..for others they will have no excuse when we enter April.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire

Not too hot, not too cold - like the porridge.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I remember having discussions about this with an old colleague of mine (now long retired) who was sick of hearing about players who struggled to play at most twice a week despite having at their disposal the very best in healthcare, modern dietary and fitness techniques, etc. As a young man this guy used to play twice per WEEKEND (OK amateur stuff) but never thought of crying off. Apart from anything else, he'd have lost his place in the team. And going back in the pro game to the days of the maximum wage cap, men would literally work in a coalmine in the morning before turning out for top flight teams in the afternoon. Different times and culture, I know, but it makes you think......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here