Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mass changes for Rotherham

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hughton has to show he has cahonas now and make 7/8 changes for the game on Tuesday. The team looks shattered and out of ideas. Let's get March, Kayal, Hemed even Skalak in the squad, all will have a point to prove and provide us with some much needed impetus.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Knee jerk reactions are definitely not needed. 7 or 8 changes is a mad idea imo

Back to basics, just like at the Barnsley game. Duffy missing would be a massive loss though

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Knee jerk reactions are definitely not needed. 7 or 8 changes is a mad idea imo

Back to basics, just like at the Barnsley game. Duffy missing would be a massive loss though

Rotherham are a team woefully low on confidence, if we continue to play the likes of Murray and Sidwell when they are quite clearly not fit then I'll think Hughton has lost the plot. Our full 2nd 11 comfortably beat mk dons earlier this season, lets freshen it up!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think there will be a couple of changes but not many Hunemier for Duffy if he is not fit. Hemed for Murray and Norwood for Sidwell or possibly Stephens.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What 7 or 8 changes would you make?

Stockdale,
Bruno,
Duffy,
Dunk,
Rosenior;

We don't have the options in defence. Those 5 have to stay (assuming Duffy is fit).

Sidwell,
Stephens

Personally, I'm not yet convinced by Norwood. He had a decent run, but that tailed off. On paper, this is a game we could use to give Kayal the game time he needs to get match fitness, but can we afford that risk? Rotherham have beaten us on our last two visits to them. Yeah, they're struggling more this season, but they weren't exactly a top side last season when they beat us.

Knockaert,
Murphy;

The only other option here is March. Or three central midfielders. Would anyone be happy with us playing a packed midfield v Rotherham?

Baldock, Murray.

Has Akpom done anything to show he is deserving of a start? So only other option is Hemed.

7 or 8 changes is ridiculous. It would be far too disruptive.

Kayal and March maybe. All the others are the best we got

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hemed for Murray is a must, he was useless today

To be fair Murray has not performed away from home on quite a few occasions this season, you could also say the same about Knocky.
Not saying they are not trying or don't care but their away performances have been quite poor.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
To be fair Murray has not performed away from home on quite a few occasions this season, you could also say the same about Knocky.
Not saying they are not trying or don't care but their away performances have been quite poor.

Yep, agree. Thought they were both great against Barnsley but apart from that they haven't been impressive at all recently. I'd keep Knockaert in the team for Rotherham and stick March on the other wing but Hemed deserves a start over Murray for me

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think things need to be put into perspective.
A week ago we were all happy because we had beaten fellow contenders Reading. A few days later we lost to the top side, with a very good and expensive squad.
Today was similar to Preston away, we lost to a side that on paper we should have beaten.
A couple of changes, a few more taken off if we are nicely ahead on Tuesday v Rotherham.
A win whether it is ugly or boring.........then on to the Derby game.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Need to gamble on kayal again now .... Start him next game. Why is he not even playing in the reserves? Bizarre.

Hemed and march to come in as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here