Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My fate in your hands

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
OK its like this.

I was planning to POTG at Rotherham but found out today that my job is on the line.

We've just lost two on the bounce and I'm looking at the pound notes in terms of petrol, tickets, beers and pies.

I'm still confident that we will go up but I need a good performance from the lads on Tuesday to justify the spend.

Will I get it? Will it be money well spent?

I'll let you decide.

PS I hate Palace

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for the informed opinion there. Slightly sexist. Huge assumption that all the big board contributors are blokes.

'Be a man' is gender nonspecific these days (unless you are a chief superintendant in the language police).

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Thanks for the informed opinion there. Slightly sexist. Huge assumption that all the big board contributors are blokes.

Ha ha I know how you feel, if you are lady like me. But I don't let it bother me as I would guess 90 percent who post on here are male. So when they make that assumption I think it is a fair one.

As to your original question, it depends if you think you can afford it and if the worst happens with your job it won't effect anything important that you have to pay for then I would say go. There is no guarantee how the game will go, it could be the worst or best of nights. That's football. So I would make your decision purely on the financial situation, don't gamble what you can't afford to lose.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
OK its like this.

I was planning to POTG at Rotherham but found out today that my job is on the line.

We've just lost two on the bounce and I'm looking at the pound notes in terms of petrol, tickets, beers and pies.

I'm still confident that we will go up but I need a good performance from the lads on Tuesday to justify the spend.

I'll let you decide.

PS I hate Palace
Lets forward this post to our players. Following their dismal performance today, perhaps some foggy understanding of how those who have serious financial choices to make, who live on the bread line, and have to count every penny to be able to follow their beloved club will somehow prick their consciences.

I'm still angry. I hope I'm over it by 9pm Tuesday.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
If your job is on the line, then stay at home in my opinion, the most important thing in the world is that you look after yourself and those around you, and if that means missing a match every now and then, so be it

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
OK its like this.

I'll let you decide.

PS I hate Palace

Why not forget the beer and pies ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sod real world problems like your future career and livelihood get along to Rotherham and support the Albion .. they need you more than ever. :bhasign: :D

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Live for the moment. Go to Rotherham. Nothing is certain in life. Except BHA imploding. So watch next years instead when you've got a new job.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
OK its like this.

I'll let you decide.

PS I hate Palace

Go to work, I've actually had better days at work than watching yesterday's performance at Forest.
Have a look at last seasons result at Rotherham.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Before I can make an informed decision can I ask 'Why is your job on the line?'

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Suffer at home like the rest of us.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
If your job is on the line, then stay at home in my opinion, the most important thing in the world is that you look after yourself and those around you, and if that means missing a match every now and then, so be it
This. There's always Warren's commentary on the radio, (which I normally listen to while at the Amex anyway) and hope everything works out OK for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here