Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Centre backs

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
At the moment, I'm seriously concerned:

Main players
Goldson -- out for the season
Duffy -- looked like a serious injury, I hope I'm wrong, but maybe an ACL which will write him off for the season
Dunk -- now on 12 yellows; has to be odds-on to pick up a three game ban
Hunemeier -- a good option, but will need two or three games to get back on song; I suspect we'll see if both of those things are the case

Alternatives
Tomori -- he's loan signing is looking like an inspired decision as each day progresses, might get plenty of opportunities to prove how good he is
Bruno -- would be the most likely replacement if our other full-backs are fit; how long are Bong and Pocognoli going to be out for?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Main players
Duffy -- looked like a serious injury, I hope I'm wrong, but maybe an ACL which will write him off for the season
Hunemeier -- a good option, but will need two or three games to get back on song; I suspect we'll see if both of those things are the case

Alternatives
Tomori -- he's loan signing is looking like an inspired decision as each day progresses, might get plenty of opportunities to prove how good he is
Bruno -- would be the most likely replacement if our other full-backs are fit; how long are Bong and Pocognoli going to be out for?
.....and maybe we'll have to see how well the young Bens (White and Hall) can step up in emergency (think Dallison is still out on loan so can't be recalled?)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Duffy, who put in his usual solid performance today came back on after the injury and still won headers .. with one leg! :bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Main players

Alternativesl

Would be very surprised if Duffys injury is an ACL as he came back on and finished the game up front albeit only a couple of mins.

Tomori looks a good player

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
If Duffy is injured long term it could be the perfect storm brewing for the last 3 or 4 games of the season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looked more like Duffy turned his ankle (can hurt like hell initially but quickly subside) - he wouldn't have come back on until at least about August if it was his ACL.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looked more like Duffy turned his ankle (can hurt like hell initially but quickly subside) - he wouldn't have come back on until at least about August if it was his ACL.
That was my view on Duffy. Sure they wouldnt have risked doing more damage as we were getting beat with no hope of coming back.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As long as there's no ankle ligament damage, I reckon we can make do without him at Rotherham and have him ready for Derby. Let's hope so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here