Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Hemed has to start v Rotherham?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not trying to make Glenda a scapegoat or anything of the sort, but his form of late has been poor and he looks totally knackered. Surprised he started today let alone played a full 90 again.. surely it's time to give Tomer a start on Tuesday?

Staying on the striker front, the Akpom situation is a bit of an odd one.. really thought he would've featured more regularly and it seems bizarre that he wasn't in the squad today considering Baldock has had injury problems recently and the Hemed/Murray partnership doesn't really work.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not trying to make Glenda a scapegoat or anything of the sort, but his form of late has been poor and he looks totally knackered. Surprised he started today let alone played a full 90 again.. surely it's time to give Tomer a start on Tuesday?

Staying on the striker front, the Akpom situation is a bit of an odd one.. really thought he would've featured more regularly and it seems bizarre that he wasn't in the squad today considering Baldock has had injury problems recently and the Hemed/Murray partnership doesn't really work.

Has Glenn scored since he signed his new contract?

I guess you have to have seen him at Withdean to know what I mean :smile:

:jester:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If only because (not young) Murray is knackered, yes.

Murray isn't the cause of our 2017 wobble. Several players are showing poor form in several games, and CH is struggling with tactics/formation/subs it appears.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Murray isn't the cause of our 2017 wobble. Several players are showing poor form is several games, and CH is struggling with tactics/formation/subs it appears.
Agree and worryingly we don't have the squad to rotate like others do :(

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Murray isn't the cause of our 2017 wobble. Several players are showing poor form is several games, and CH is struggling with tactics/formation/subs it appears.

Players showing poor form in several games? CH struggling with tactics/formation/subs? Please don't overreact.

Yes, apparantly we were very poor today, but we were desperately unlucky in defeat against Newcastle, and played superbly to see off Reading.

Making wholesale changes to the starting line up really isn't the answer. I'm glad we have another chance to put some points on the board quickly. Win at Rotherham on Tuesday, and we are back on track.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Players showing poor form in several games? CH struggling with tactics/formation/subs? Please don't overreact.

Yes, apparantly we were very poor today, but we were desperately unlucky in defeat against Newcastle, and played superbly to see off Reading.

Making wholesale changes to the starting line up really isn't the answer. I'm glad we have another chance to put some points on the board quickly. Win at Rotherham on Tuesday, and we are back on track.

I disagree. Not just me, other fans who went on Tuesday found the game from 20 minutes onwards awful, as Shelvey & co ran it game completely, and we were attacked again and again. The threads that night slated Knockaert, Stephens, Bruno, Murray and Stockdale as poor. So the recent Newcastle match and Huddersfield games were also poor from us, to add to today's embarrassment against relegation fodder.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Not only should Hemed start , we should start using the Squad as the team looks tired both physically and mentally, I think kayak , March , Should start . Murray , knockhaert , Sidwell ! Bruno and Stockdale could all do with a rest

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think the players were suffering a massive hangover from Tuesday's result tbh.
Hemed tweeted how difficult it was to watch the defeat and not be involved.

Hemed has to start on Tuesday, he is raring to go and will not disappoint. IMO

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Even if hemed does n't start he should come on with 30 minutes to go not 3.... you cannot get into the game with so little time. he should have been on in both the Newcastle and Forest games around the 60 mins mark...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I disagree. Not just me, other fans who went on Tuesday found the game from 20 minutes onwards awful, as Shelvey & co ran it game completely, and we were attacked again and again. The threads that night slated Knockaert, Stephens, Bruno, Murray and Stockdale as poor. So the recent Newcastle match and Huddersfield games were also poor from us, to add to today's embarrassment against relegation fodder.

I think we must have been watching different games last Tuesday evening.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not there for the Newcastle game then?

I thought penalties didn't count? :smile: Barnes detractors used to discount those when discussing his Albion goals

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Apart from their chances right at the end of the first half, Newcastle caused next to no problems in the first 45 minutes for all that they looked threatening (because we had a rookie left back and knew about their quality).

We almost went 2-0 up straight away in the 2nd half.

Doesn't it seem even slightly plausible that Newcastle 'ran the game' in the second half, because they were allowed to by a side that was leading and cautious not to throw away what it had? Costly ultimately but very natural. It was never likely that we would steamroller Newcastle, even if we did beat them. It was a fluke equaliser that changed the game.

I keep reading that we have no confidence. But we looked pretty confident in a great performance at Barnsley. And in a comprehensive defeat of the team 4th in the league. And in the Newcastle game when we could have gone 2 or 3 ahead but for Darlow's saves.

Didn't sound like we were at our best today - but not dreadful either until Assombalonga hared off celebrating a goal Forest then pretended he hadn't scored.

Just one of those days. We'll get the rub of the green in the run-in and the players - who've so rarely let us down for 2 whole seasons - will prove the doubters wrong yet again.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Apart from their chances right at the end of the first half, Newcastle caused next to no problems in the first 45 minutes for all that they looked threatening (because we had a rookie left back and knew about their quality).

Doesn't it seem even slightly plausible that Newcastle 'ran the game' in the second half, because they were allowed to by a side that was leading and cautious not to throw away what it had? Costly ultimately but very natural. It was never likely that we would steamroller Newcastle, even if we did beat them. It was a fluke equaliser that changed the game.

I keep reading that we have no confidence. But we looked pretty confident in a great performance at Barnsley. And in a comprehensive defeat of the team 4th in the league. And in the Newcastle game when we could have gone 2 or 3 ahead but for Darlow's saves.

Didn't sound like we were at our best today - but not dreadful either until Assombalonga hared off celebrating a goal Forest then pretended he hadn't scored.

Just one of those days. We'll get the rub of the green in the run-in and the players - who've so rarely let us down for 2 whole seasons - will prove the doubters wrong yet again.
This post should not be left to slide down the Big Board and into obscurity... Best post I above read on here in a long time.

Hemed still needs to start instead of Murray as he has been terrible recently, as well as March for a winger and Kayal OR Norwood to come in, but the basic premise of the post above sums it up perfectly

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Very much this. I looked up at the clock on Tuesday night and it had gone past 75 minutes and thought "Bloody hell - we're going to do this." Although Newcastle were having the bulk of the possession they weren't really troubling us at all, and we looked pretty comfortable.

On the subject of Murray/Hemed though, I mentioned this to [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] yesterday: just how many chances has he had recently? It feels like his service has really dried up. I'm not sure why that would be, as Sam Baldock seems to be getting chances still.

I'd go with Hemed on Tuesday regardless. Give the big man a rest and let Hemed, who must be chomping at the bit, a chance to show what he can do again.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I like his passion hemed, when we got the first corner which he won when he just came on,he tried geeing the bha faithful

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Well said, a couple of wins and we're champions it seems on here, a couple of defeats and the seasons as good as over. We are in a fantastic position, not as good as a few weeks ago, but one that anyone would have taken at the start of the season. Obviously yesterdays performance was below par, and I'm sure the late defeat on Tuesday was as hard for the players to swallow as it was for us fans. I certainly believe the team needs a little rotation and freshening up, playing 2 games a week continuously takes it out of you, and perhaps CH is guilty of not making substitutions earlier in games. That said, I'm confident that we will see a response on Tuesday, and get back on track, and although Derby might have a good squad, they have horrendously underachieved this season. Worth thinking that however bad you feel after a poor performance from us, imagine what it's like being a Derby fan !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here