Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When your luck isn't in...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. An offside forward gets the final touch for the first goal. Ref and lino seemingly discuss it but allow the goal to stand.

2. Your 'keeper plays keepy uppy in the box, stuffs up, and they score.

3. Your centre back gets the ball but the referee gives a penalty.

I'm not sure Stockdale made a save of any kind this afternoon, yet we lost 3-0.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
1. An offside forward gets the final touch for the first goal. Ref and lino seemingly discuss it but allow the goal to stand.

Interesting, as the Talksport reporter just said their player didn't touch it on the line, and wasn't interfering with play so not off side.. ???

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
A 3-0 score line is very flattering considering both teams were, like the officials, rubbish.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Yeah you crack on and believe in your luck mate ffs!

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Certainly didn't sound like our day today. But even IF Huddersfield win their two in hand, we still sit proudly in second.

Still in our hands and plenty points to play for. Onwards and upwards.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
It was a poor performance, every team has it from time to time, even the top teams. Let's just move on and focus on rotherham.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We've lost, it maybe a shock, but we can win again, amazingly we've done it before.
So no sh!tt!ng our pants or knickers, just got get on with it.
End the run of losses at Rotherham on Tues night. :kiss::thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Interesting, as the Talksport reporter just said their player didn't touch it on the line, and wasn't interfering with play so not off side.. ???

That's TalkShite for you.

Radio Nottingham said he did touch it and therefore offside.

Attachments

• offside.JPG
    offside.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 781

D

Deleted member 2719

Certainly didn't sound like our day today. But even IF Huddersfield win their two in hand, we still sit proudly in second.

Still in our hands and plenty points to play for. Onwards and upwards.

If Hudds win both games 10 - 0 you won't be saying that.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Then the talksport reporter is not very good. Assombalonga was six yards out, and ran away celebrating the goal as his. Then, once the officials were conferring Forest all changed their minds and decided it was Clough's.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The goal, initially at least, was given to Assombalonga (who was also celebrating as if he'd touched it) and he appeared to be offside.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

I'm not sure no.2 is bad luck. Also, defeat is a symptom of not making any saves. I don't think that can be any saving grace.

I don't think it's as much about luck as it is a deeper, more worrying lack of character. It's not the first that when we've needed to pull something out the bag we've actually dramatically underperformed. Perhaps not entirely under CH, of course. Pressure is a funny old thing and we seem to struggle with it (see Dunk's reaction to the goal almost earning him 2 successive yellow cards!). We have an infuriating habit of suffering defeat and staying in that rut for a few games or so - regardless of the competition. Salvation won't be found at Rotherham necessarily and we should prepare ourselves for some major bedwetting in May.

If you want a demonstration in dealing with pressure check out how Huddersfield dispatch Newcastle this evening.

(PS Yes, I'm hoping to my cocksure attitude invites a bore-draw or Newcastle win).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It really does even out over a league season. We offered very little as the home team from 20 minutes onwards on Tuesday and today allowed a previously dire Forest team chances, gave away corners, and allowed them to pressurise us into mistakes.

Positive displays by energetic Albion players, with better tactics/formation by CH, would have meant the ball would have been more often at the other (attacking) end of the pitch during these two games, making 'bad luck' less likely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bring back The Gus Bus. Time to control the midfield again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'd have got three draws from the last three games so the same number of points we did get..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here