Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio pundits who say "look..."

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Drives me mad. Seems no one on Talk Sport (I know, serves me right) can get through a sentence without sighing and saying "Look..." as if they are the source of all knowledge explaining to a simpleton. So bloody patronising/aggressive. I now find I actually have to turn the radio off. I think it started with Assies (their cricketers say it over and over again) and now it's football pundits.

Is it just me?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Totally agree. It's a relatively new thing which makes me think it's done consciously for effect. Which makes it even more annoying . And copying an Aussie phrase is embarrassing

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I find amusing the irritated response of pundits when asked a question by exhaling loudly before giving an answer.

Danny Mills tends to do this to every question asked.

Boycee

Jan 16, 2004
Oop north
I can't stand it when penalty gets shortened to pen, or even gets called a stonewall. Makes me grumpy.

... and another thing: commentators saying 'offensively', when they're talking about attacking, which I'm guessing comes from American football.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I can't stand it when penalty gets shortened to pen, or even gets called a stonewall. Makes me grumpy.

... and another thing: commentators saying 'offensively', when they're talking about attacking, which I'm guessing comes from American football.
Another vote for the "pen"'just bloody say the whole word!
"He had every right to go down there" is another phrase for basically what I see as cheating .

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Listen......is another.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Davie Provan on Sky gets on my tits.

He describes things in matches like he is commentating to people watching their first ever football match. Does he not know that people tuned in are tuned in because they love watching football and sort of know whats happening

But LOOK I suppose I should OVERLOOK it

This.

Add "beans on toast" to the list when referring to a shot hitting the post. Boils my piss that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here