Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T An interview with Leroy Rosenior.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It was not an encounter Leroy Rosenior had expected. He had not seen the man for more than 30 years, not since they had met on the pitch as opponents when Rosenior was making his way at Fulham. And there he was, standing in the corridor of the television studio, proffering his hand to be shaken.

“When he saw me, the colour drained from his face,” recalls Rosenior. “He was clearly very nervous at seeing me. I didn’t know I was going to meet him, if I’d known, boy, he’d have got a verbal volley. But I was a bit nonplussed so I was polite. And he seemed lost for words.”

Which was unlike the last time the pair had met. Back then, the young centre-forward had been on the receiving end of a relentless barrage of racist abuse delivered by this man, then a seasoned centre-back. It was foul stuff. Ugly, personal; and very deliberate, its purpose to undermine and humiliate, to needle out a violent response. But none came. Rosenior, embarking on the steepest of learning curves, kept his counsel. Which meant the volume of abuse grew into a snarling crescendo of racist bile. Yet at the conclusion of the game, the man had held out his hand and, with a laugh, said: “No hard feelings. It’s only banter.”

More of the interview 》》》》http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...uy-south-london-called-leroy-course-chairmen/

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Powerful stuff, will order the book asap. Goes some way to explaining why Liam is such a decent bloke - what a role model he had.

It does indeed. Leroy is an absolute Gentleman and I am looking forward to Liam going into coaching and succeeding in the future. He already gets involved in some coaching of the youngsters I think.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember when he was mentioned wrt managing us, and we ended up instead with a former palace clown who flounced at the end of the season, (can't remember if it was Taylor or Coppell). The past is, thankfully, another country.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There was a piece in the Daily Hate. The comments section was a sight to behold. Made the Argus look full of reasoned and articulate thoughts on the issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here