Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs serving Sunday Roasts - recommendations please

Advice please from the Gourmets/Gourmands of this esteemed board. Recommendations please for a pub doing a decent roast beef but also with decent veggie options for others in the family - A26 and 5 miles (ish) either side and we need to be in Lewes for 16:00 afterwards.

Thanks.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lots of pubs do roasts but none do decent ones.

A decent roast can only be found at home.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We went to The Chalk Pit in Offham just outside Lewes and it was very good BUT it was 2 years ago and chefs etc change and so do the standards sometimes.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Connaught, Hove street, Hove. Great Sunday roasts. Proper food not Wetherspoons/ beefeater type processed muck.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
The restaurant at the Amex - does an excellent Sunday roast, and as you know, no distance from Lewes

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
We went to The Chalk Pit in Offham just outside Lewes and it was very good BUT it was 2 years ago and chefs etc change and so do the standards sometimes.

Think you'll find its an Indian Restaurant now.

We went to The Green Man at Ringmer last Sunday, super roast and extensive menu so there must be veggie items.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went to the Cricketers just off the A27 Berwick last month, very nice roast, none of us had vegetarian meals so I can't help with that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think you'll find its an Indian Restaurant now.

We went to The Green Man at Ringmer last Sunday, super roast and extensive menu so there must be veggie items.

That is surprising because there was a report in the papers recently saying that over 1,000 Indian take aways and restaurants in the UK will close in the next 5 years due to drop off of trade and changing habits.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Chambers
Shoreham high street
Plus the Roast Beef is a different gravy
Lovely starters & deserts as well
Bit pricey but That's posh Shoreham for you :thumbsup:

BHAJ

Jun 17, 2011
Southwick
Albeit not a Sunday, but had a very nice roast at the Jack and Jill on the Brighton Rd in Clayton.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
That is surprising because there was a report in the papers recently saying that over 1,000 Indian take aways and restaurants in the UK will close in the next 5 years due to drop off of trade and changing habits.

Certainly is an indian ..

Green Man at Ringmer , anywhere but ....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I went to the Cricketers just off the A27 Berwick last month, very nice roast, none of us had vegetarian meals so I can't help with that.

dont allow kids inside, at least when i went couple years back (and bit more than 5 miles)

on the A26 the obvious answer is the Cock Inn, sure it does roasts and got a lot of mentions last time a similar question was posed. good shout The Green Man too, family friendly.
Chalk pit is indeed now the Curry Cottage (and decent for that), along the road at Offham is the Blacksmith Arms, not eaten in there but busy when food on and very friendly when ive had a few beers recently.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here