Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sporting Life form guides?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not noticed this covered anywhere else...

For several seasons, I've used the Sporting Life form guides for various football prediction competitions, but they seem to have disappeared in the last week or so. Total dumbing down on the website.

Any suggestions for simple alternatives? Just need overall form for last 6-10 games, plus home and away, in the form of league tables for the four divisions. Thanks.

Edit: Don't know if registering for the site gives any more details, but clicking on the link just gives a repeating "Loading..." message! https://www.sportinglife.com/football

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Try the sky sports website as all the old life racing stuff is on there. The Life and the Post are both hideous lumps of shits that cannot have been tested with any racing fan.

The live football tables have all gone and the live scores are, like the racing, shocking with betting odds all over them and great big stars to make them favourites FFS. How hard can it be to leave things as they are:ffsparr:

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Agreed, they've messed up the Sporting Life website, does anyone know of a comparable website which lists all the live scores with the goal scorers on the same page?

All the live scores pages I've looked at just have the score & then you have to click on the game to see the scorers, I can't for the life of me understand why they all present it this way.

I'd just like it all at a glance, which I can imagine most people would prefer also?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Agreed, they've messed up the Sporting Life website, does anyone know of a comparable website which lists all the live scores with the goal scorers on the same page?

All the live scores pages I've looked at just have the score & then you have to click on the game to see the scorers, I can't for the life of me understand why they all present it this way.

I'd just like it all at a glance, which I can imagine most people would prefer also?

theres loads out there man , try a search engine !, or "The sporting lifes " parent company , sky sports football , which may offer a clue as to why the formers service has been downsized !

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
theres loads out there man , try a search engine !, or "The sporting lifes " parent company , sky sports football , which may offer a clue as to why the formers service has been downsized !

even the bbc/sports/ live football !

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
I did use a search engine, I couldn't find what I was looking for.

In case you're misunderstanding, what I mean is a list of all the live scores with the goal scorers underneath the score, all on the same page. The Sky Sports website doesn't show this.

If you can share a link it would be appreciated?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just to be clear, I'm not looking for live tables, or betting odds on individual games.

I'm looking for form tables, so I can predict results, ie. exactly the thing that Sporting Life used to provide.

Can't see it on the Sky site.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

For several seasons, I've used the Sporting Life form guides for various football prediction competitions, but they seem to have disappeared in the last week or so. Total dumbing down on the website.

Any suggestions for simple alternatives? Just need overall form for last 6-10 games, plus home and away, in the form of league tables for the four divisions. Thanks.

Edit: Don't know if registering for the site gives any more details, but clicking on the link just gives a repeating "Loading..." message! https://www.sportinglife.com/football

I have been using the Sporting Life website for a while now as it was easy to use and informative.
About a week ago they changed the website format and now it is hard to use and a lot of the information is hidden or hard to find.
As a result I have reverted to using the BBC Sport website, I can't understand why Sporting Life have done this as lots of people have stopped using it now as a result.
I'm all for progress, but if it ain't broke etc.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I couldn't find anything useful on there yesterday when I was trying to look up individual Championship club news. I'm sure you used to be able to do that. It was one of the most comprehensive sites around. They've ruined it completely.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Just to be clear, I'm not looking for live tables, or betting odds on individual games.

I'm looking for form tables, so I can predict results, ie. exactly the thing that Sporting Life used to provide.

Can't see it on the Sky site.

I always use the Bet365 website for a form table. Select sports / soccer and then scroll to the very bottom and select soccer stats. Always found it pretty comprehensive.. you don't need to be logged in or a member to be able to view it. Huddersfield 1st, Newcastle 2nd and Albion 6th in their current form table!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Turns out you can still get good match reports on all games but you have to go into a Championship round up and click through from there. And really useful stuff, like having the lineups for both teams on the same page as the report has gone. Now it's all fiddly tabs. They've screwed a great format for no good reason.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

This is a really good site mate http://uk.soccerway.com/

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

Plenty of the people who work there are baffled by it too, it was turning a profit in the old format but not enough apparently. The redesign may have killed it dead though, it's a truly shocking piece of work, even worse that the Post's (and at least you can still turn that off, for the moment at least).

As has been posted, soccerway has a 6-match form guide, split home and away, and plenty more free resources besides. Can't see any way to bump it up to 10 though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here