Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Switching Broadband - Recommendations

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Finally ditching BT after years of inertia

No need for Tele, I survive fine with Freesat and the 'magic box'. Nor am I bothered about dowmload speeds way in excess of what I need (survive here in Tenerife perfectly OK on 5mps)

About the best deal on Uswitch is £18 a month with 17mps for an 18 month contract - with Plusnet

Before I take the plunge wondered if anybody had any experience .... more about reliability of the service, decent wi fi with their router? Not too concerned about customer service as it's generally s**t for any utility/service provider to the home

Or Origin Broadband maybe .. slightly cheaper but only 12 months but I liked this We won't ever put restrictions on your connection. This means no download limits, no fair usage policy, no traffic shaping, and no blocked websites

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Vodafone? I just switched to them on fibre optic £22 a month, seem ok ???

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
I just cancelled by broadband order with Vodafone, when BT retentions offered me 76mbs fibre, full BT sports, a new router, and free caller display for £24 a month.

This was their 3rd offer to get me to stay. It worked! Sent the Vodafone router back today.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I just upgraded to fibre. But the sales guy from EE Home Broadband said 'your on 2Mbps and fibre will give you minimum 35Mbps', 'Are you sure about the 2Mbps' I asked, 'Oh yes, I've checked'. When I pointed out I was already with EE and that he was lying because I knew I was on 8Mbps he gave me a quick £50 voucher to shut up.
And to be honest 8 or 35 it all seems the same to me.

D

Deleted member 22389

I just cancelled by broadband order with Vodafone, when BT retentions offered me 76mbs fibre, full BT sports, a new router, and free caller display for £24 a month.

This was their 3rd offer to get me to stay. It worked! Sent the Vodafone router back today.

Does that include line rental?

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes it does.

You did bloody well considering line rental I think is about £18.00 a month
The best BT did me was £41 pound a month, that is 76mb fibre as well. I didn't get BT Sports or caller display.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Avoid Talk Talk. Terrible company. Terrible broadband service - keeps freezing and Terrible (Indian) customer services Dept

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You did bloody well considering line rental I think is about £18.00 a month
The best BT did me was £41 pound a month, that is 76mb fibre as well. I didn't get BT Sports or caller display.

The best I could get BT down to was £30 a month. Don't give a monkeys about fibre, as long as I've got enough speed to stream TV I'm happy

At a net £5.33 a month the Sky deal (see post #6) is perfect

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sky broadband upto 17mb(I get about 13 mbs but obviously depends on location) and line rental £9.50 a month. Also £50 bill credit so works out as £5.33 per month. Great deal!
Grab a code quick though as they go like hot cakes.

https://promotioncode.sky.com/campaigns/wk36msesab?DCMP=afc-726842&affiliate=true&postCode=AA11AA

:ffsparr:

Just seen that now. I had an email with a price rise from BT on the 1st February. I could legally switch contracts without charge in a 30 day cooling off period. That period ended yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here