Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A positive view on the Albion.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
High-flying Seagulls are ready for a Premier League future.

Top-class facilities, financial stability, giving back to their community: all reasons Brighton & Hove Albion deserve Premier League football, writes Andrew Derrett

Many football teams around the country seem fit for a life at the top of the national game. Established heavyweights like Manchester United, Chelsea, and Liverpool are almost synonymous with the Premier League – one could barely envisage an English top-flight without them. The rest consist of those battling for survival, and those who sit comfortably, quietly going about their business.

Southampton, Stoke, West Brom: these aren’t clubs often involved at either ‘business-ends’ of the table, and they rarely enthuse or excite a neutral fan. But the truth is, most of the 92 English Football League clubs would bite your hand off if offered to be in the position of relative stability held by these teams.

And Tuesday evening played host to two second-tier teams harbouring serious hopes of joining that less-than-illustrious group. Newcastle’s visit to Brighton was billed as a key battle in the much publicised ‘Race for the Premier League’, as the Championship’s top two locked horns on the south coast. In a broadly even, competitive affair, it was the visitors who walked away with a 2–1 victory, a late double handing them a vital three points and taking them above Brighton to the Championship summit.

MORE >>> https://www.varsity.co.uk/sport/124..._campaign=Feed:+varsity/sport+(Varsity+Sport)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Brilliant article and so proud to be an Albion fan.

Lush

Mods' Pet
"Families, women, and children, all are welcome and comfortable on a match-day, and the noise generated in a full Amex Stadium manages to be raucous yet far from intimidating."

Without wishing to derail the thread, this sentence, for me, is why we shouldn't have a drum.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"Families, women, and children, all are welcome and comfortable on a match-day, and the noise generated in a full Amex Stadium manages to be raucous yet far from intimidating."

Without wishing to derail the thread, this sentence, for me, is why we shouldn't have a drum.

:ffsparr: Thread derailed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Not opening the drum debate but it depends how you define intimidating - I would argue the first 20 minutes against Sheff Wed last year was intimidating and how good would it be to get that every match.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Burn her at the stake :eek:

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
"Brighton's entire team on Tuesday had a value less than that of Newcastle's Aleksandar Mitrovic alone."

Just goes to show how well we are doing to be competing so closely with such an expensively put together team. Mitrovic didn't even get on the pitch!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

trainn.jpg

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Excellent post, excellent read, thanks AR!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Great to see positivity like this.

Just one note. The closing argument: "Nothing is certain of course, and the supporters may have to keep exercising their well-practised patience, but it is surely just a matter of time before the city can boast the top-flight football club it so dearly craves." Surely if nothing is certain, then it's not a matter of time before we get promoted, it's a matter of capability. I'm being pedantic I'm sure.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Nice that University of Cambridge is back in the NSC good books after the money burning affair a couple of weeks back.

Should probably note that the author is from Brighton, and a Brighton fan, but nice that the word is being spread.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nice that University of Cambridge is back in the NSC good books after the money burning affair a couple of weeks back.

Should probably note that the author is from Brighton, and a Brighton fan, but nice that the word is being spread.

If he's the same person as on Twitter, most definitely a Brighton fan.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
"Brighton's entire team on Tuesday had a value less than that of Newcastle's Aleksandar Mitrovic alone."

Just goes to show how well we are doing to be competing so closely with such an expensively put together team. Mitrovic didn't even get on the pitch!
Mmm they have based this on what we paid for current players compared to their current market value, not sure you would get much change from £20m for Knockhaert these days.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Good article, should give a lot of fans, threatening to jump off buildings or self combusting a bit of a reality check. From where we have come since Goldstone, to where we are now is fantastic. Never has this club been so secure in its future and I among many am loving every bit of this incredible journey we are on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here