Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield's game in hand

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Huddersfield's game in hand away to Wolves has been scheduled for Tuesday 25th April.

A lot of football to be played between now and then of course but I guess it increases the chances of 'promotion' going down to the wire as they will have those 'possible' 3 points to gain for quite a long time.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
If they have that game in hand hanging there it helps us IMHO. You'd rather have the points on the board than a game in hand would you not? It puts the pressure on them. Hopefully Wolves will be threatened with relegation and have something to play for otherwise I can’t see them putting up much of a fight so close to Holiday time for their players.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Huddersfield's game in hand away to Wolves has been scheduled for Tuesday 25th April.

A lot of football to be played between now and then of course but I guess it increases the chances of 'promotion' going down to the wire as they will have those 'possible' 3 points to gain for quite a long time.

I was hoping they'd move that to the week before Easter so Wolves would have to play it the midweek before playing us. Presumably that was blocked because we're playing Wolves on the Friday.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Don't get the Huddersfield love in by some on here, Wagner is a genius etc. We went to Barnsley got the job done they failed lets hope they keep that up from now on.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Don't get the Huddersfield love in by some on here, Wagner is a genius etc. We went to Barnsley got the job done they failed lets hope they keep that up from now on.

This .. granted a good manager who has got them punching above their weight , but i dont think they are that consistent on the road

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Had this before. They have a game in hand but you can pick any one as to which one it is. We still have to play Wolves too, so that's a wash for me.

I'd prefer to think of their game in hand v Newcastle or maybe Derby away .. games that we are done with

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They have 8 games now in April the longest time between games is 6 days.
On present form, there aren't that many tough games, but, they will have to win most, if not all, and what with teams fighting relegation, I'd rather be in our position than theirs.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wolves have indeed got the worst home record in the league and are averaging less than a point a game!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sky have really ****ed this sort of thing over. Without them moving games to Sundays and Fridays Huddersfield would have been able to play on 13/14 March, but their match v Brentford is already on the Sunday 11th so presumably they argued they couldn't, even though that is the earliest available slot? Annoying because the aim is to get caught up as soon as possible and it certainly makes for a fairer playing field when they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here