Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A (Harsh?) Guide To The Amex

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Seems to have been written by an away fan that turned up hoping to find a pub nearby to drink in and were sorely disappointed.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Just came across this website that offers a guide to all the grounds in the Championship.

Is it just me or does their view of the Amex seem a little, harsh?

http://footballtripper.com/amex-stadium-brighton-hove-albion/

To be honest, the actual factual review of the stadium is all perfectly reasonable. Its just the very, very ODD (and ignorant, and 100% WRONG) opening line that sticks out.

The relocation of Brighton & Hove Albion to Falmer Stadium was hardly the result of meticulously planning, and instead came about through what some might call arrogant luck

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
To be honest, the actual factual review of the stadium is all perfectly reasonable. Its just the very, very ODD (and ignorant, and 100% WRONG) opening line that sticks out.

The first paragraph of History stands out as plain nasty, and the third paragraph is 100% wrong.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I have no idea what 'arrogant luck' actually means as a phrase. How can luck possess a personality trait ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, that's what struck me too - an introduction laced with spite. Unnecessary (and inaccurate).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The reviewer got one bit right (which for some reason continues to elude many on here...).

"Lastly, whether design or accident, The Amex has fantastic acoustics which makes the atmosphere on matchdays pretty electrifying for a ground “out in the sticks”."

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I wouldn't get too upset, it is the usual complaints about 'out of town'.

They should try getting to places like The Ricoh, Ashton Gate, White Hart Lane, Anfield, etc., etc., I'll never understand what the problem is with a two stop train, other than it is operated by our favourite company. Just the one thing that stuck out for me;

Stadium Overview

Team: Brighton & Hove Albion
Address: Village Way, Brighton, Sussex, BN1 9BL
Capacity: 30,750
Opened: 2008

Ummmm ok!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Can't find any fault in it- excepting that strange 'arrogant luck' line.

It seems a perfectly reasonable view unless you are one of those who gets upset at anyone who doesn't see the AMEX as stadia elite. I do, but I would, of course.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

It seems a perfectly reasonable view unless you are one of those who gets upset at anyone who doesn't see the AMEX as stadia elite. I do, but I would, of course.

How about this?
Initially the club had hoped to move into the new ground at the turn-of the millennium,

We only got back to Brighton at the turn of the millennium, let alone get planning permission, and build it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Football Tripper is a growing collection of travel guides and stadium information for football fans across the world.
The site features over 1,400 stadiums, however the quality can vary greatly across leagues!
Please get in touch or leave a comment if you'd like to share any tips or if you spot any errors

So not all perfect at times, I guess.
Depends on whose doing the write up, a disgruntled Norwich fan or a Seville fan who got lost.:)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

'Shoreham-on-Sea' :angry::angry::annoyed::dunce::ffsparr::glare::facepalm:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Depends on whose doing the write up, a disgruntled Norwich fan or a Seville fan who got lost.:)

To be honest, since the day the place opened, the away fans' views of the Amex, has always been warped by the outcome of the game.

Away win = cracking stadium, padded seats, brilliant acoustics, lovely pies, lovely friendly stewards and staff.
Home win = no atmosphere, plastic fake warehouse, with overpriced food, transport nightmare.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here