Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Farm Shop Parking

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
When you pay to park there does it entitle you to special road use benefits? After being hit twice and a friend being hit by drivers just pushing out ignoring people walking on the pavement plus the drivers who think it is their divine right to get let out when cars have come from in the village I was just wondering.

Maybe its because they park in an organic farm shop they have some sort of superiority complex or they are just c * n * s?

Thought the owner was anti football but seems rather happy it subsidises he deformed carrots.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Judging by the size of the cars they're chelsea tractor *****.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When you pay to park there does it entitle you to special road use benefits? After being hit twice and a friend being hit by drivers just pushing out ignoring people walking on the pavement plus the drivers who think it is their divine right to get let out when cars have come from in the village I was just wondering.

Maybe its because they park in an organic farm shop they have some sort of superiority complex or they are just c * n * s?

Thought the owner was anti football but seems rather happy it subsidises he deformed carrots.

There were a couple of total knobends exiting that parking last night - driving right across the pavement as loads of people were walking towards the village. Worse than normal..............

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Out of interest, why don't the pedestrians allow them to pull out, there aren't that many of them are there :shrug:

Completely unacceptable for them to hit pedestrians, But a bit of give and take might relieve the situation.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As a matter of interest how much do they charge and how do you get space

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Out of interest, why don't the pedestrians allow them to pull out, there aren't that many of them are there :shrug:

Completely unacceptable for them to hit pedestrians, But a bit of give and take might relieve the situation.

Tend to agree but there was at least one clown last night that insisted on pulling forward when people were directly in front of him........

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean

They have a fair amount of gaps when people are waiting to cross as there is a long delay before the next load of people on foot. They just don't like waiting or hitting people just to hang out in the middle of the road ready to push in. If the bloke takes the money he should organise the exit instead of feet up playing with his turnip at home.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
A couple of points on this.
The owners are Albion fans. Once the cars are booked in they rush to the ground for the match. I saw them both at Burton earlier in the season.
Part of the problem are the stewards/police who operate the lights. They, rightly, give priority to buses and coaches leaving the stadium and only give minimum green light time to those leaving the village area. This does result in a bit of a car scrum but can't see how pedestrians are getting hit. All the cars leaving the village are stationary for about 80% of the time leaving plenty of time for pedestrians to pass by. It is logical to me that once the lights turn green then pedestrians remain stationary and let the cars out. Called give and take.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A cyclist hit me last night, bloody cheek of it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A couple of points on this.
The owners are Albion fans. Once the cars are booked in they rush to the ground for the match. I saw them both at Burton earlier in the season.
Part of the problem are the stewards/police who operate the lights. They, rightly, give priority to buses and coaches leaving the stadium and only give minimum green light time to those leaving the village area. This does result in a bit of a car scrum but can't see how pedestrians are getting hit. All the cars leaving the village are stationary for about 80% of the time leaving plenty of time for pedestrians to pass by. It is logical to me that once the lights turn green then pedestrians remain stationary and let the cars out. Called give and take.

It's mostly the cars pulling out of the parking area behind the sheds across the pavement and onto the road.........and the pedestrians rushing too as the traffic light phasing letting the ground clear means it takes ages to get across the two roads. The green light for pedestrians is followed by a green light for exiting the farm.........obviously just as a load of pedestrians get there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here