Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray vs Newcastle

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
It seems the majority thought he was awful last night..

I thought he was very good until Baldock came off. The best striker on the pitch in fact, and that his hold up play was good against two massive centre halves and he won more aerial battles than he lost. Also scored a high pressure penalty and could of had another but for a good save.

Just me?

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
He held the ball up well, almost scored a great volley, but most of the time he seemed to be ambling around. But that's his style innit? He looks so languid that too many it just looks lazy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He held the ball up well, almost scored a great volley, but most of the time he seemed to be ambling around. But that's his style innit? He looks so languid that too many it just looks lazy.

You watched a different game to me then, I thought everything bounced off him last night, his passing was also poor.

He did have a good volley, but his all round play just wasn't really good enough imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Agree One of worst centre forward performances I have seen for a long time. Didnt chase any causes let alone lost causes. Passing was abysmal and was easily knocked of ball. Thats why our midfield struggled to make impression because Murray made no effort to make himself available. Sure Hemed will come in which is a shame because on his day Murray far better player.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You watched a different game to me then, I thought everything bounced off him last night, his passing was also poor.

He did have a good volley, but his all round play just wasn't really good enough imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree, save for the penalty and the volley everything else of note he did last night was negative. Poor first touch, poor passing and gave away far too many niggly fouls which eventually led to a booking. Poor night for Murray really.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It wasn't his best performance, poor touch on a few occasions, but I would not have said he was awful or lazy. I would have had him off for Hemed though and kept Baldock on.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Obviously not his best performance but not bad and certainly not awful IMO; a 6/10 game.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Personally thought the whole team played to instruction of sit off them AFTER we scored which meant we were the architects of our own downfall.

The plan appeared to be rush at them, get ahead, and then contain and try to hit on the break only Newcastle were too good for us to do that to.

Murray had a bad day at the office with his passing but otherwise did as I expected.

Thought he was neither the worst nor the best player by any stretch of imagination.

Kayal on the other hand when he came on was shocking and displayed ZERO effort. Sad to see. Get he's frustrated at not playing but he's not been at the races when he has played so doesn't deserve to atm.

As for the fans leaving in DROVES they can positively DO ONE. Pathetic.

But then there's probably 7,000 other threads on that already.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
IMO, lazy and lethargic.

But then he looked like that to me when he was coming on for Tomer in 67 minute; he looked like he had played the previous 66 minutes. Maybe he doesn't have the same attitude as Tomer when he doesn't start. "Tomer the Trier" must be our starting centre forward on Saturday.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I thought he was poor against Newcastle but also poor against Reading.

Guess that it is all relative though. Have come to expect the norm to be "superb" and anything else seems like "poor". Hope it was just tiredness and not complacency, but he hasn't seemed as motivated (again - relatively!) since he got the permanent contract.

Definitely should have been subbed for Hemed rather than SB coming off on tues. Not sure what Chris was thinking with either of the substitutions.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
To be fair there were four or five of our players guilty of over-playing or giving the ball away cheaply.

That was my call too - I thought we were far too careless all over the pitch, I didn't think GM stood out as any worse, personally. I thought we got what we deserved, which was a shame after the first 20 mins being pretty good.

Dec 29, 2011
Thought he was great, but looked tired in the last 20. Gave everything and we're lucky to have him, but it's a game of opinions isn't it. Lucky, I know Hughtons opinion is the correct one and he's the one in charge.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He had a bit of a stinker, I think he's probably well aware of that too. Thankfully we've got a fired up Hemed snapping at his heels if he lets his standards drop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here