Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over yesterday already

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuinely. It was ONE ****ing game. That we lost narrowly. Against a very good side who needed the result more than us.

ROLL ON SATURDAY VS FOREST.

Come on lads. We go again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This. We've broken quite a few clubs' hearts this season already. Dice can't always roll our way. Prime example being that ridiculous equaliser last night. Shrug and move on.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Me too. We are still in an outstanding position and the games are coming thick and fast with chances to get right back on track.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Really happy with the effort and commitment, and delighted with our league position.

Loved the atmosphere last night. It's a fantastic time to be a Brighton fan.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Took me a couple of seconds to realise the ball had looped in. Now, when we talk of lucky breaks winning important games, that was one helluva a break. Possibly someone should start a thread of lucky goals helping to a win.

However, I think my (out of 20) W10 D4 L6 in a bad scenario stands at W4 D2 L2, which is still on target and to be fair I got over the game very soon after the final whistle blew.

Onwards and upwards!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Really happy with the effort and commitment, and delighted with our league position.

Loved the atmosphere last night. It's a fantastic time to be a Brighton fan.

Yep, atmosphere was amazing last night, best since Sheff Wed in the playoffs last season. Great that the whole of the North sang as one, even if 2 different songs started, everyone switched to the loudest. From the East side of the North, never seen or heard the East Stand at such volumes. I'm sure the West was in good voice too, but from where I was, particularly noticed the East. ALBION was deafening at times. Enjoyable game, could have gone either way, spawny equaliser, we won't have a harder game I don't believe. As the OP said, let's move on to Saturday

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Personally I was far more deflated after the Ipswich draw.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I was thinking this might be a good thing. Bloom might now know what we will come up against week in week out in the PL and if we get there, he might invest more in the squad than Barber alluded to a few weeks ago.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A couple of decent players in Shelvey and Ritchie, matched by our Duffy and Dunk, and the rest of Newcastle pretty ordinary and some incapable of tackling properly. Murray's legs seemed to be fading after the hour mark, and Yedlin (for them) looks like a Sunderland player. I hope our left back crisis is not serious (more than two games).

Still think Huddersfield are a real danger. Seemed better throughout the team than Newcastle and less vulnerable to getting stars injured. As pure footballing sides I even thought Reading and Fulham were better than them. The latter do not have the capacity to foul or defend so well though.

I'm fed up with the Newcastle hype. Their squad is not even impeccably strong. They are able to pump the ball long and miss out the midfield to make up for a shortage of fit midfielders.

Dismayed that we lost to them. Oscar for Murray though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Was still annoyed about nature of equaliser, luck evens out. Given the choice of not conceding that flukey equaliser last night, or not scoring that goal against Hudds last September when it got a slight bobble and their keeper had a brain fart, I know which I'd take.

It's now March, and we've come through the winter months (when, for as long as I can remember, we generally don't play as well) fairly unscathed. 12 games to go, 9 of which are against bottom half teams and only 1 against another top 6 team.

Lots of football left to play, but odds remain strongly in our favour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As we all should be.

During February Cap'n Hughton has sailed the Good Ship Albion through a South China Sea tropical storm.
Thankful, unlike the passengers, his crew where solid reliable and dependable.
Now the Captain has set sail for Fiji with a gentle westerly in the sails and no storms on the horizon.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Genuinely. It was ONE ****ing game. That we lost narrowly. Against a very good side who needed the result more than us.

ROLL ON SATURDAY VS FOREST.

Come on lads. We go again.

That's the spirit! Win on Saturday, and a narrow defeat to expensively assembled pre season favourites will be put in perspective, the spawney gets !!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
One of many things that this side has is the ability to come back stronger, and recover quickly, from a setback. I am extremely confident that we will achieve our goal this season. Just enjoy the ride!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
100% on this. Even my Mum text me last night saying "we go again!". And we will. Onwards.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just for perspective, 20 years on :wink:

1997-table.png

Amazing that five clubs there are in or have been in the Prem in the intervening years.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Yep, atmosphere was amazing last night, best since Sheff Wed in the playoffs last season. Great that the whole of the North sang as one, even if 2 different songs started, everyone switched to the loudest. From the East side of the North, never seen or heard the East Stand at such volumes. I'm sure the West was in good voice too, but from where I was, particularly noticed the East. ALBION was deafening at times.

Surprised the atmosphere hasn't been mentioned by more people actually. You're right, I was in the East and it was uncharacteristically loud and we could hear chants starting all over the ground. I think a lot of people who are normally fairly reserved during games - myself included - found their voices last night and it may bode well for the future. We can't always leave it to the North.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
OK the result was disappointing give where we were with 10 minutes left, but that's football... Anyway, I had us down for a draw last night, so in my view this was just one point dropped. Move on...

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Can get over the fact we lost. The way that equaliser went in though is still a real sickener. Bring on Saturday and 3 points to forget about it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Surprised the atmosphere hasn't been mentioned by more people actually. You're right, I was in the East and it was uncharacteristically loud and we could hear chants starting all over the ground. I think a lot of people who are normally fairly reserved during games - myself included - found their voices last night and it may bode well for the future. We can't always leave it to the North.

Indeed, there were songs bouncing around the ground was absolutely fantastic.

Tailed off after 20mins though and didn't get it back until 5mins into 2nd half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here