Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Stockdale moment

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Was he getting bored or something? It was like "oh go on have another go, you still won't beat me!"

What was he thinking? Irrelevant in the end but can't have been good for any of our hearts, or his.

That said he was still one of our best players on the night.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Was he getting bored or something? It was like "oh go on have another go, you still won't beat me!"

What was he thinking? Irrelevant in the end but can't have been good for any of our hearts, or his.

He made a very rare mistake and made up for it. He is a great keeper so I'm not worried about it. But I hope he does not do that too often as it's a bit scary.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It wasn't just Stockdale, our whole team couldn't pass the ball at times last night.

Yesterday's result hurt, but we're still in a great place. Win on Saturday and our position looks nice and rosy again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bound to happen sooner or later, lucky to get away with it. Probably won't happen again. Several other players were guilty of giving the ball away far more often.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
It wasn't just Stockdale, our whole team couldn't pass the ball at times last night.

Yesterday's result hurt, but we're still in a great place. Win on Saturday and our position looks nice and rosy again.

I thought it was to do with how Newcastle played, it was another game where we didn't get a second on the ball, that hurts us, remember Fulham?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I thought it was to do with how Newcastle played, it was another game where we didn't get a second on the ball, that hurts us, remember Fulham?
Newcastle did a clever thing which was to press extra hard at the start of the second half. They hadn't been doing it in the first half and it caught us by surprise. I think our back 5 were just a touch over-confident in the way they responded with a lot of flicky triangle stuff that always had potential to go wrong...

The great shame was that we did somehow weather that storm, despite them having a lot of possession and winning the ball back off us quite easily at times, and on another night we could easily have played the same and held out for a fortunate win or pretty well deserved draw...

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Newcastle did a clever thing which was to press extra hard at the start of the second half. They hadn't been doing it in the first half and it caught us by surprise. I think our back 5 were just a touch over-confident in the way they responded with a lot of flicky triangle stuff that always had potential to go wrong...
..[/QUOTE

That just about sums it up. Can't afford to do this against a quality side. Stop this fancy pants type of football. Blood and guts is what it takes. Get at your opposition. Kick a few of them and grab them by the bollocks if you have too.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I like that. Indestructible.

He was testing his magic hat.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here