Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle at home will not be a season defining moment

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was about to log off but I saw that many of the thread titles up on the list tonight are negative, scapegoating and unneccessary. To those who think we have entered a death dive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

No, the fact is we are about to play a series of games that will define our season. At half time today in WU, it was like a gathering of patients waiting to hear whether the results of their bum scan would reveal 'excess wiping' or 'flagrant haemorrhoid'. For goodness' sake.

Just think of this. We are about to commence a great battle, with our excellent players, under the helm of a great manager at an immaculate club, the phoenix from the Archer ashes club. We have been on a long road, and we have been almost 'there' repeatedly in recent years. We were FINISHED in the late 90s. Now we are about to emerge from the chrisalis in which we were cocooned by *******S, and fly.

Bollocks to negativity. Inhale and declare: we WILL grind, bash and waltz our way out of this division (perhaps waving to the shitehole Alice going the other way - bonus). Come on! SEAGULLS!!!!!!

:bhasign::ascarf::guns::salute::cheers::kiss::clap::O:wave::thumbsup::lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
We were deservedly beaten by a team that played one of their better games and on a night when a number of our players had off nights..and even then they needed a big slice of luck to equalise. These nights happen even in the most memorable seasons, it is how we respond that counts and our experience with this squad is that we usually respond well. No reason to panic.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
So true - heard some rubbish after the game last night from fans and there's a big heap of it on here too with fans going on about us bottling it and other crap. We lost because a) we were humongously unlucky with their first goal, b) we were tired after such a superb performance Saturday c) we had too little help from the bench too late. It happens, bad luck, errors, tiredness. Some fans need to keep calm and learn to lose. We've been a point or two shy of top spot for most the season, we still are!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
All will be well .

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
As I predicted in June last year, we will have to go to Villa and get a result.... you know where that will lead!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely. It wasn't a Cup (or play-off game), our season isn't over and everything is still in our hands.

It has left us a bit less wriggle-room, but that is the only negative.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
The problem is our 'newer' fans have hardly any idea what it's like to lose a home game!

Us older ones do.

Indeed :smile: Noticed last night as well a lot of the older Albion fans could not bring themselves to sing the premier league chant............. well not yet anyway.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
As I predicted in June last year, we will have to go to Villa and get a result.... you know where that will lead!!!

I don't actually :D Are you suggesting it's playoff failure again for us?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Before Barnsley, if we had been offered six points from the next three games I would have snatched your hand off.

We lost to the best team in the division, no shame in that

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We lost to the best team in the division, no shame in that

Best team? I think we are equal to the tag of 'best team'.

No shame in losing to them as you say, but they were there to be beaten last night, but their physical levels were miles ahead of ours. We both had exhausting games last Saturday but they appeared to have recovered quicker and had the quality to come good.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I don't actually :D Are you suggesting it's playoff failure again for us?
I couldn't stand it if the answer is actually YES.....but there is a strong possibility.... we do need Huddersfield to fade....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We're going to be fine, of course we are. But bloody annoying to be ten minutes away from beating the league favourites and opening up a 9 point gap on Hudds. This will have to wait another week or two now (and til next season to beat newcastle in t'league)

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I read the ex ref Howard Webb's autobiography recently and in it he demonstrates how much fitness work he did which was extensive for a ref and he was regarded as the fittest ref around but he was invited to train with Newcastle one time and was left absolutely f***ed by the sessions and he said it brought home to him the massive gap there is in premiership fitness and other divisions and this was a good few yrs ago now when they had the likes of donkey Titus Bramble in the team who you'd thought wasn't exactly ripped. Since then the diet regimes and recovery programs they follow too are prob just a bit above where we perhaps are at this time and maybe it showed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If an Albion fan who had been up a mountain for nine months walked in now and I told them of our present position I think they would be a little excited by it.

That's assuming they didn't have a wi-fi signal up the mountain or hadn't been told on the way home, of course. And hadn't had any people visit them.

Well, you get my drift.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here