Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Subs

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Or rather, the lack of. I can't be the only that thought we needed some fresh legs in about the 70th minute? Murray looked out on his arse, Baldock possibly the least energetic I've seen him, AK hardly firing on all cylinders, central midfielders looking sloppy. There were good cases for a lot of them and the only one from the bench who possibly would have weakened the side as a team unit, would've been Akpom.

Meanwhile, the decision to still bring Kayal on for Baldock after it went 1-1 was slightly baffling to me. Kayal came on and looked like he had no real idea if he was meant to be acting as a third central midfielder or a deeper striker. Either way it gave us no attacking impetus when we really needed to bounce right back at them.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Yes, I guess the early sub discouraged further subs until late in the game. Should have changed it earlier with hindsight.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yep. Too little, too late and he should have changed his mind at 1-1. The bench was very positive but suited is chasing the game rather than holding a lead.

Sadly for u, Benitez got his changed right

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Yeah I think CH made some mistakes tonight as we desperately need to make changes especially as Newcastle had used all three subs and therefore had fresh legs on the pitch.

Made the wrong calls but if we had been offered this position even at Christmas I think we would have all taken it so can't be too heavy on Chris. We all make mistakes and I still think that if it wasn't for the fluke goal we would have got at least a draw.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Absolutely all this. Chris got it wrong big time tonight. Should have brought on March and Hemel at 70 mins. Knockeart and Murray clearly knackered after great effort on Sat. We now need a reaction vs forest. I will be there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here