Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scored too early?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Is that a thing? We were all over them for twenty minutes, but when they had to come at us 1-0 down, well they're a damn fine team when they attack.

It certainly felt during our good period in the second half that we needed a second. I'd say we would have deserved to win 1-0, if tight, a draw would have been fair enough, but in the end can't begrudge them their win. That kind of game.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I agree, scored too early which kind of took the momentum out of our performance, that and Pocognoli going off injured.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I dunno, we had a wobbly period in the first half but it felt like we'd got control of the game when they fluked their equaliser

They won't score a more mportant jammy goal like that for years I reckon.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
We bossed it at 0-0. Deserved the league. Then sat back at 1-0... poco going off did change the game. Tomori was poor when he first came on.

theboybilly

Newcastle deserve a bit of credit. They didnt panic and really Albion should have brought Tomer on as Glenn's passing was below par all night. Getting Kayal on quicker might have helped too. That said there were lots of positives tonight - Tomori for one

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
Hey lads ! Burnley fan here just wanted to offer my support ... couldn't believe the equilizer. Still think ul do it , u , us and boro wer all stronger last yr . Huddersfield have started their run too late in my opinion , we wer already level pegging this time last yr .

We got done 3 nil at hull last yr but never lost the faith. For what it's worth I think u have the best manager (hughton). And player (knocky) outside the Prem .

Chin up lads !

P.s I think Rob Lee is a disgrace tonight on Sky , supposed to be none biased . To wear a black n white tie is a disgrace .

Sandradee

Apr 16, 2014
Hey lads ! Burnley fan here just wanted to offer my support ... couldn't believe the equilizer. Still think ul do it , u , us and boro wer all stronger last yr . Huddersfield have started their run too late in my opinion , we wer already level pegging this time last yr .

We got done 3 nil at hull last yr but never lost the faith. For what it's worth I think u have the best manager (hughton). And player (knocky) outside the Prem .

Chin up lads !

P.s I think Rob Lee is a disgrace tonight on Sky , supposed to be none biased . To wear a black n white tie is a disgrace .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeh we probably did as it made them come out and play. But that's football eh - it would have been lovely to continue to batter them but it just doesn't happen sometimes - esp when injury disrupts things.

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
U quoted me with no comment mate . Just wanted to say I only meant support for u guys . Got a bit of grief last time I posted but was only offering support so not posted for a while . It's stressful gettin promoted ... which u will. :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It can never be a bad thing scoring to early and we should have got confidence from that but we sat to deep.

Hughton's achillies heel, when a game is tight, play to keep what we've got. im sure someone with stats can come along and say otherwise but it seems that way.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Hughton's achillies heel, when a game is tight, play to keep what we've got. im sure someone with stats can come along and say otherwise but it seems that way.

Didn't I hear that tonight was the first time out of 19 this season that we've scored the first goal but not won?

Pretty damning stat to illustrate your perceptions don't quite accord with reality.

Also, how about games like birmingham, Fulham etc away where we've been level and pushed for a winner?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here