Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Category Gradings

stevie17

Banned
Oct 29, 2014
Hertfordshire
Find some match grades rather puzzling.

ie: ipswich cat C,bristol city cat A,burton albion cat B wolves cat C.

At a guess Bristol City on 29/4/17 has been made cat A due to the fact Albion are challenging for the title..as no way would that match normally be a cat A.

Also how on earth can Burton be a Cat B...and Ipswich cat C?

Surely both wolves and ipswich both cat C are both bigger clubs than Burton and more attractive matches to attend.

About tonights match cannot make it as its a 150 mile round trip to the Amex for ,me...prediction Albion 3 Newcastle 1 (Super Seagulls from the South)!!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Category C games are on a Tuesday night. I don't think the club will put a Cat C game on for a game on a Saturday or Sunday.

Bristol City is A because it's the last home game and if things all go to plan there'll be thousands on the pitch celebrating with the players, the club knows people will pay whatever to see this game.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Find some match grades rather puzzling.

ie: ipswich cat C,bristol city cat A,burton albion cat B wolves cat C.

At a guess Bristol City on 29/4/17 has been made cat A due to the fact Albion are challenging for the title..as no way would that match normally be a cat A.

Also how on earth can Burton be a Cat B...and Ipswich cat C?

Surely both wolves and ipswich both cat C are both bigger clubs than Burton and more attractive matches to attend.

About tonights match cannot make it as its a 150 mile round trip to the Amex for ,me...prediction Albion 3 Newcastle 1 (Super Seagulls from the South)!!

I would say that a Saturday fixture against Burton is more attractive than a Tuesday versus Ipswich. Like you I can't make tonight's game. For me it's a 240 mile round trip which isn't practical as I am at work tomorrow. Demand will tend to be lower for Tuesday night games unless the opposition is Newcastle!

stevie17

Banned
Oct 29, 2014
Hertfordshire
So using your theory..its now a Tuesday night..so Newcastle should be a Cat C...its not its Cat A...so saying Tuesday nights are Cat C falls down straight away.

Bristol City at home should be a Cat B....putting as a Cat A is another example of clubs fleecing there own fans (not a dig at Albions pricing policy) as most or all clubs do it.

Shame now that modern day football has been spolt by money (it used to be a sport....its now a business money spinning machine.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
So using your theory..its now a Tuesday night..so Newcastle should be a Cat C...its not its Cat A...so saying Tuesday nights are Cat C falls down straight away.

Bristol City at home should be a Cat B....putting as a Cat A is another example of clubs fleecing there own fans (not a dig at Albions pricing policy) as most or all clubs do it.

Shame now that modern day football has been spolt by money (it used to be a sport....its now a business money spinning machine.

Newcastle is a category A because 1. it's Newcastle, and 2. the game was originally scheduled for a Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here