Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hill's offering 13-2 against the draw with someone winning at HT

I popped into William Hill last night just to check the kick-off time for tonight's match. Up in the corner of the sheet in the HT/FT section I noticed a 14-1, which turned out to be for the draw with Albion winning at half time. Also at 14-1 was the draw with Newcastle winning at half time, which I thought was equally generous. The other draw option was a very poor 100-30, making the odds less than 1.75-1 against the draw by proportionately covering all options, whereas backing the draw directly is 21-10 (i.e.2.1-1).
So, putting equal money on the two 14-1 options would be the equivalent of getting 13-2 against the draw at FT as long as it's not level at half time. Don't you think this is particularly generous?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I popped into William Hill last night just to check the kick-off time for tonight's match. Up in the corner of the sheet in the HT/FT section I noticed a 14-1, which turned out to be for the draw with Albion winning at half time. Also at 14-1 was the draw with Newcastle winning at half time, which I thought was equally generous. The other draw option was a very poor 100-30, making the odds less than 1.75-1 against the draw by proportionately covering all options, whereas backing the draw directly is 21-10 (i.e.2.1-1).
So, putting equal money on the two 14-1 options would be the equivalent of getting 13-2 against the draw at FT as long as it's not level at half time. Don't you think this is particularly generous?

But you have to include a draw at half time. Where does that leave us?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've gone for Brighton to win and both teams to score @ 11/2 with Betfred boosting the odds from 9/2.

I'll never forget the euphoria of the MASSIVE game when Knockaert put us 2-1 up with ten men late on! Then the referee lost control - to our advantage.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I've gone for the score being 3-2 Brighton @ 28/1

A win's a win but same score is 43/1 on Betfair Exchange. Bookies are highway thieves.

brinewc.png

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I've gone for:

4-0 50/1
3-0 22/1
Sidwell at any time 9/1
Duffy at any time 8/1

Think I may have been a bit drunk when I placed those.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Noticed on Paddy power last night

Brighton 2-0 and Baldock to score was 45-1, I thought that was particularly generous considering Sam's recent form, didn't back it though but was tempted.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef

Not particularly generous, just standard odds for that combination in most matches.

Have done BHA to win and over 2.5 goals at 10/3.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A win's a win but same score is 43/1 on Betfair Exchange. Bookies are highway thieves.
For more likely outcomes, bookies odds aren't much different from the exchanges, especially when you factor in exchange commission. But for outside bets, ALWAYS go with the exchange - a bookie will offer 33/1 or 50/1 where the exchange is offering 4 or 5 times more.

It's 2017 and you needed to go into a bookies to check a kick off time??
I was just passing the bookies which reminded me of the match. I wasn't carrying a smartphone. How stupid of me!

But you have to include a draw at half time. Where does that leave us?
Why do you? The whole point of a HT/FT bet is that you are not restricted so!

you can't win at half-time surely, only be ahead.
I said winning, not win.

There have been some really bizarre posts on this thread!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here