Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same starting 11 as last Saturday night vs Reading?....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Or Solly in for Murphy and really go for the throat?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Same XI, assuming Pocognoli is fit.

Murphy is a very effective ball carrier - March over Murphy is not necessarily 'going for it' any more. Both good options (and there's an argument that March's pace is more likely to CHANGE a game, if needed from the bench).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I'd keep March benched, as a possible impact player later in the game if needed. Sidwell worried me a little bit on Sat, I thought his first touch was quite poor on a number of occasions, not something I would associate with him, but he did add a bit of steel ... albeit treading a fine line with an, er, elbow-ish.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
One would think so, although Kayal for Sidwell has to be a possibility, as Saturday evening - Tuesday is a short turnaround. I have no idea if he has to be rested or not, a la zamora, but someone else implied it, so :shrug:

Plus, CH may want that little bit of creativity in the middle to unlock them, or perhaps Kayal is finally ready and CH has targeted this game to get his preferred pair back together in the middle. I don't know :shrug:

OR, as the mind whirrs, he could go 3 in the middle to counter Newcastle who do the same, but seems very unlikely

:lol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If no-one is knackered, why change it? Murphy has been very good in the last 2 games and deserves to keep his place.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Murphy is a player who clearly thrives on praise and the momentum that comes from a series of good performances. He's, hopefully, at the start of a pretty decent streak. Let's have Solly in reserve to either chase or stretch the game, as needed.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Same team if they're all OK, they brushed Reading aside easily.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Murphy's last game was his best game of the season. Probably the best I've ever seen him play. Full of direct running and scored a lovely goal. Why would you even consider replacing him?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Murphy offers defensive cover which will be needed tonight.

After Saturdays performance I don't even know why you've bothered with this thread as it seems completely pointless to even ponder dropping Murphy for March?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Same team please. The attacking triple substitution of March, Hemed & Akpom (should we need it) would give us a great chance of getting a goal or two.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Benitez is gonna park the bus. There won't be gaps at the back unless Yedlin goes walkabout. I think the game will require different tactics.

I would be tempted to start Kayal if 100% fit.

But when it comes down to it , it might decided on a battle of wits between Hughton and Benitez.

I hope so, rather than by mistakes or the referee.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If everyone's fully fit I can't see any reason to change anything.

I'm not keen on the Kayal & Norwood combination in a 442, so if we play Stephens and Sidwell is there a risk that they'll both then miss Saturday? If so, then perhaps rest Sidwell and play Stephens with Kayal today.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Hopefully Sat's performance levels didn't take too much out of the collective tank and the same XI can perform at the same standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here