Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Villa lose £81M

0 Not allowed!
    Can't see any other thread on this but here I was thinking that TB could start to get some of his money back if we were to get promoted. I assume he still can but seeing Villa's immense loss was a bit of a shock.

Club statement has put it down to impairment of fixed and intangible assets, the second of those described as player registrations

Does that mean they have been over valuing their players and have been caught in an audit, or just revaluing after transfer activity? Are fixed assets the ground and training facilities which might have been equally overvalued or are these things they are just writing off as a clean up excericise - or even a tax dodge.

I'm interested in understanding a bit more ....... sure @El Presidente will have a good idea

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      From the bbc... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39108015

Aston Villa have reported an £81m loss for the financial year 2015-16, the season in which they were relegated from the Premier League, prior to Dr Tony Xia's summer takeover.

According to a club statement, Villa's operating loss trebled from £26.6m in 2014-15, while turnover fell from £115.7m to £108.8m.

Villa's average home gates were hardly affected despite such a poor season.

The drop in revenue is attributed to a smaller share of Premier League money.

Villa's average home league attendance in 2015-16 was 33,690, a fall of only 1.33 % on the previous campaign, when they averaged 34,133 at their 42,660-capacity Birmingham home.

But finishing bottom last season, compared to 17th the year before, that meant a smaller share of the pay-out from the Premier League's broadcasting agreements.

What exactly are Villa's assets?

The club put £79.6m of the £81m loss down to "exceptional items" including the "impairment of tangible fixed assets and intangible assets".

Intangible assets, which include the value of its players' registrations, dropped by £34.8m.

Tangible assets include property and equipment the club owns.

The impact of Dr Tony Xia's takeover of the club for £76m will not show until the 2016-17 accounts are published next year.

The new Villa owner completed his takeover on 14 June 2016, two months after the Football League and Premier League co-founders' first relegation in 30 years.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The club put £79.6m of the £81m loss down to "exceptional items" including the "impairment of tangible fixed assets and intangible assets".

Intangible assets, which include the value of its players' registrations, dropped by £34.8m.

Tangible assets include property and equipment the club owns.
      Yes that's where I saw it and it's the piece above that I don't really get. It may well be that there is some weird formula that is ascribed to player values (we all know that Villa players are worth SFA anyway) so they had to take a uber hit on ammortisation maybe. Also how property declines in value by £45M in one year suggests either a massive over valuation (but how would they get away with that) or maybe Xia has sold something off ... don't know but all rather odd on the face of it

0 Not allowed!
      No Club should lose money in the Premier League.

If we make it up I would be very dissapointed if Tony had to continue to fund the club from his own pocket.
      Time for some proper football, win lose or draw :-)

2 Not allowed!
      I'll be very interested in there accounts next season as they will still be in the Championship. They spent heavily in the summer hoping to bounce back straight away.
      "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself"

Leo Tolstoy

0 Not allowed!
      Accountancy Its all smoke and mirrors!
      برايتون حتى أموت

0 Not allowed!
      They cant afford to sack Bruce.

3 Not allowed!
      They bought a load of over priced foreign players on massive wages who are now worth nothing but the wages have to be paid, then they repeated it again with the likes of Ross McCormack. I wonder how long till they are in administration as a means to get out of the debt ?

2 Not allowed!
      This is same year that Villa brought in former FA Chairman David Bernstein and former Governor of the Bank of England Mervyn King as directors, King lasting just 75 days and Bernstein 39 days, both bailing out when the club got relegated.

If Villa don't bounce back to the Prem next season then we could be looking at another Leeds Utd situation.
      "Brighton have taken 4 points off us this season, you do realise that innit, they've taken 4 points off Arsenal Football Club. Brighton and Hove Albion have taken 4 points off ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB. Let that sink in. Let that sink in. Let. That. Sink. In blud. F*cking Brighton. Pebbles and sticks of f*cking rock. Pebbles and sticks of rock, blud. That's what they're f*cking known for."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If Villa don't bounce back to the Prem next season then we could be looking at another Leeds Utd situation.
      And, let's face it, they're hardly likely to, they're more concerned about avoiding relegation.

I shudder to think what next year's losses are likely to be if they're losing money in PL.