Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haye vs Bellew: Real hatred or the new Big Daddy vs Giant Haystacks?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Bizarre press conference from Liverpool yesterday, catch the unedited version on You Tube, but these two really cranking up Saturday night's fight.

All hype to sell more PPV? Or is this a good old fashioned real life grudge match?

Haye could already be in hot water with the board of control after calling Bellew's home support "f****** retards"

theroyal

May 11, 2014
They'll be best mates after the fight.

I'm eager for the match to go ahead now, because I'm fed up of hearing of it!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I just want one journalist to ask Haye if he'll feel a bit silly when they're both sat on the edge of the canvas, full of lovely healing serotonin, at the end, saying "I've got a newfound respect for this man", for the umpteenth time, as if it's a shock that the illusion of hatred has been lifted by a shared ring, which is as inevitable as Adam Smith calling it a "mouthwatering occasion" with all the enthusiasm of a pro broadcaster hanging grimly on for retirement from all this sort of nonsense.

Bellew, as a bouncer incarnate, is, I suppose, a more plausible aggressor, but you can pretty much guarantee he'll be sat there, banging on about how he only cares about his kids without having any contextual understanding of how completely inappropriate it is for him to keep bringing them into it and bleeping on about how important they are to him, as if reaffirming something which should be innate doesn't sound in any way weird. That is what it's about though - the money, it has to be, because he isn't a heavyweight, and it'll be horribly compelling waiting for him to get battered, like a slow-mo of a coconut shy being aimed at by a champion gunner firing a massive cannon.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
They are both very good actors who know how to sell a fight. Far better talkers than fighters hence why this will probably do quite well in terms of PPV buys.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm very sceptical about this pre-match hype of "they REALLY hate each other" as we just see it every time.

The only thing that is a little bit different about these two is that the last Bellew fight, rather than celebrate the win, he charged over to have a rant and a rave at Haye who was ringside. He literally didn't celebrate at all for minutes, and even then he still looked wound up by the hanging over the ropes screaming at Haye.

Yes, I've seen a fighter start talking up the next fight from the moment they are sat on the ring edge having their post-ring interview, but the way he reacted the very moment the fight ended .... that did make me wonder whether there really is something in this one.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Maybe Eddie Hearn has said to Haye go down and let Bellew win, the loud mouth scouse then deludes himself he can challenge Joshua who accepts for a massive PPV fight yet again in which Eddie gives Haye a share of the promotion or Bellew goes down from the first solid shot Haye lands on him, Stevenson knocked him into next week so what will a proper heavyweight do ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's a shame really as there's already wrestling for this nonsense. I know there's always been an element of it in boxing too but it seems to be getting silly now.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Letting the crowd in yesterday was ridiculous. It was a press conference so the fighters needed to be heard, all you had was people in the crowd trying to outdo each other with witty comments, it was embarrassing. Crowds should only be allowed in at weigh ins. I think there is needle there but Bellew trying to act the saint is pathetic as he's previously come across as a bully. Haye inside 5 rounds hopefully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here