Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Wagner and Garry Monk banned by FA after touchline altercation

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39106444

Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner has been given a two-match touchline ban and a £6,000 fine after his altercation with Leeds counterpart Garry Monk.

Wagner sprinted down the touchline to join his players in celebrating their late winner before clashing with Monk.

Monk has been given a one-match touchline ban and been fined £3,000.

In addition, both clubs have been fined £10,000 for failing to ensure their players 'conducted themselves in an orderly fashion'.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If Huddersfield score against Newcastle I fully expect Wagner to be bouncing around in the stands with the fans like a mentalist

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Chris has better watch himself - he's getting far too close to this kind of behaviour himself. Hope he takes this as a warning that he needs to reign it in a bit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The FA have taken there time in deliberating this event.
It'll give the guilty involved a chance to pay their fines in old pound coins if Bank of FA is not too careful :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A one game ban for Monk is either right or excessive. A two game ban for Wagner is lenient IMO.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
'Both managers will serve their bans with immediate effect meaning Town boss Wagner will be in the stands for his side's FA Cup replay at Manchester City on Wednesday and their league game against Newcastle on Saturday.

Monk will watch serve his ban in his side's match at Birmingham City on Saturday.'

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The FA have taken there time in deliberating this event.
It'll give the guilty involved a chance to pay their fines in old pound coins if Bank of FA is not too careful :)

I think you'll find the blazers require at least 3 meeting to sort out matters such as these. One meeting to talk about when the second meeting should be held, second meeting to confirm the confirmation meeting and the conformation meeting for all the confirmation gubbings.

Plus, there's all those actual blazers to be sent back and forth to the dry cleaners in between meetings too don't forget. You can't rush these things you know.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think you'll find the blazers require at least 3 meeting to sort out matters such as these. One meeting to talk about when the second meeting should be held, second meeting to confirm the confirmation meeting and the conformation meeting for all the confirmation gubbings.

Plus, there's all those actual blazers to be sent back and forth to the dry cleaners in between meetings too don't forget. You can't rush these things you know.

Brilliant, things never change :thumbsup:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
'Both managers will serve their bans with immediate effect meaning Town boss Wagner will be in the stands for his side's FA Cup replay at Manchester City on Wednesday and their league game against Newcastle on Saturday.

Monk will watch serve his ban in his side's match at Birmingham City on Saturday.'

And sums it up how much they know as that match is on SKY on Friday

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Surely it is punishment enough to get Garry Monk in your face.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh there's a surprise - we'll delay the decision so one of his banned games is the FA cup :facepalm:

The FA Love us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How does that affect us as he is their manager not leading goalscorer?

You don't think having a manager on the sidelines barking orders affects a game of football? Interesting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not as much as having a 20 goal a season does. He will have radio contact with the bench to give instructions and if anything it will help Newcastle beat them which wouldnt be a bad thing for us. as it would open the gap wider between us and Huddersfield

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Not as much as having a 20 goal a season does. He will have radio contact with the bench to give instructions and if anything it will help Newcastle beat them which wouldnt be a bad thing for us. as it would open the gap wider between us and Huddersfield

Yes, and if he was missing a second league game, rather than the cup that would potentially help us more.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Win our 2 and we will be 12 points ahead of Huddersfield before they kick off. I'd rather a draw in that game to leave Newcastle looking over their shoulders.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh there's a surprise - we'll delay the decision so one of his banned games is the FA cup :facepalm:

The FA Love us.

Give over: many of their fans are convinced the FA have deliberately timed this hearing to ensure he misses the Newcastle game :lolol:

I believe the manager is allowed in the dressing room before the match and at half time in these circumstances, so really, it shouldn't make all that much difference to them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You don't think having a manager on the sidelines barking orders affects a game of football? Interesting.

Reminds me of something I've often wondered about.

Why do pretty much all rugby coaches watch games from the stands, and pretty much all football coaches from the dugouts? I know Steve McLaren likes to watch a half from the stands sometimes, but he's in a tiny minority.

Is there something about football which means it's more effective to have a man on the side, or something about rugby which means it's less useful? I think in rugby they have some coaching staff on the sidelines, but the important stuff seems to be relayed to them from the coach sitting upstairs. Tradition? Has any football club ever tried having the main man consistently away from the action?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here