Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gayle OUT for tomorrow (apparently)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From their club website :

"Benitez confirmed that leading goalscorer Dwight Gayle will not be travelling to East Sussex, though the frontman is making progress after being withdrawn just half-an-hour into his return to action against Aston Villa last Monday"

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Capture.JPG

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Same as Jedinak for Villa.

No chance of playing and all of a sudden miraculously is kitted up and starting the game.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Gayle on 20 goals out of 24 games

Next best is Ritchie on 8.

Shows how decent out front 4 have been.

Newcastle only really have Gayle like Leeds only have Chris W.

We have four players in double figures. Only one other team even has TWO, and that is Blackburn in 23rd.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Gayle wont play, they are saving him for the next two games (reading & Huddersfield) which they consider are even more important than the one against us

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gayle on 20 goals out of 24 games

Next best is Ritchie on 8.

Shows how decent out front 4 have been.

Newcastle only really have Gayle like Leeds only have Chris W.

Newcastle only have Gayle.....hmm...Murphy isn't too shabby... 27 goals 2014/15 for ipswich ..oh and by the way last time he played against us he scored :moo:

I'm more interested in the midfield battle.....and getting in the face of Mr S ..don't like him that much but he can dictate matters.....but as we all know his temperament is suspect

Last edited:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think I'd rather he did play. If he's nursing an injury, would he needlessly overdo things, stretching his toe out to reach the ball? Probably not, he'd sensibly hold himself back for fear of making it worse.

But Newcastle have so many options, whatever side they put out will be formidable.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Mind games - I just hope we have a fit back four - then I will be less bothered about whether Gayle is playing or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here