Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colours advice ...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Turning to the good folk of NSC for some wise advice, if I may.

I have a business trip to Newcastle next Tuesday - 5 of us from Telford to meet up with business colleagues in Newcastle.
We do this monthly and always go out somewhere for a few beers and some nosh in the evening.
Last time there was a bit of banter about the top of the Championship - all light hearted / fun.
Next Thursday we're going to "Lane 7" for some retro bowling / night out

So, would I be silly / provocative if I wore my black [Brighton away] shirt?
Newcastle are playing that night, away at Reading - so will most serious Magpies be out of town or glued to their radios?
I'm not one to go looking for trouble - 55 y/o pot-bellied male - but wearing a Brighton shirt in the heart of Newcastle city centre on a Tuesday night - would that be asking for trouble?
Or would it make for banter / conversation? Whey Aye!

Thoughts .....

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ever watched Get Carter with Michael Caine?

"They're tough up there, Jack. They won't like southerners poking their noses in where it's not wanted."

"Too bad!"

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If they tonk us tomorrow, you may well reconsider wearing it anyway

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Turning to the good folk of NSC for some wise advice, if I may.

I have a business trip to Newcastle next Tuesday - 5 of us from Telford to meet up with business colleagues in Newcastle.
We do this monthly and always go out somewhere for a few beers and some nosh in the evening.
Last time there was a bit of banter about the top of the Championship - all light hearted / fun.
Next Thursday we're going to "Lane 7" for some retro bowling / night out

So, would I be silly / provocative if I wore my black [Brighton away] shirt?
Newcastle are playing that night, away at Reading - so will most serious Magpies be out of town or glued to their radios?
I'm not one to go looking for trouble - 55 y/o pot-bellied male - but wearing a Brighton shirt in the heart of Newcastle city centre on a Tuesday night - would that be asking for trouble?
Or would it make for banter / conversation? Whey Aye!

Thoughts .....

Sounds like you would know Newcastle better than most on here. I would not even know where to get a nosh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Go for it. When you have left the place, hearty smiles and back slaps all round, why not consider getting hold of a Palace shirt (with Murray's name on the back) and popping along to a game at the Amex, late in the season, especially if we have choked and slipped into a playoff slot, and try a bit of banter in the North, by strutting around at half time, kissing the badge and provocatively wiggling your arse. Everybody loves a bit of bants.

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have never had a problem wearing my Albion colours out and about up here but I guess it depends exactly where you will be drinking after your bowling. If we turn them over tomorrow some might think you're taking the Mick and take offence but I wouldn't worry to much. Go for it.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Although you are going bowling, are you likely to end up somewhere watching the match? If so, it depends on you and your clients, can you keep a big grin on and will they back you up if there is trouble. Oh and will you lose any business?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No disrespect but I don't understand why anyone over the age of 18 would wear a football shirt full stop let alone on a night out?

Is the right answer

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Why make yourself a target?

Was my question - will it make me a target? Your view is obviously yes - thanks.

No disrespect but I don't understand why anyone over the age of 18 would wear a football shirt full stop let alone on a night out?

No disrespect taken, what would you suggest, bobble hat and scarf? I get that replica shirts can be seen as a bit of a yoof / kids thing, but the black away shirt makes for casual wear at whatever age IMHO.

Id wait to see how tomorrows game goes first

Good point, can also see what happens next weekend too.

A Sunderland away shirt would be good. Your mates can then collect you from A&E after you've had the bowling ball surgically removed from your bottom.

I'm a Brighton supporter, that doesn't automatically make me stupid .... why on earth would I wear a Sunderland shirt?

Go for it. When you have left the place, hearty smiles and back slaps all round, why not consider getting hold of a Palace shirt (with Murray's name on the back) and popping along to a game at the Amex, late in the season, especially if we have choked and slipped into a playoff slot, and try a bit of banter in the North, by strutting around at half time, kissing the badge and provocatively wiggling your arse. Everybody loves a bit of bants.

I'm a Brighton supporter, that doesn't automatically make me stupid .... why on earth would I wear a Palace shirt?

Although you are going bowling, are you likely to end up somewhere watching the match? If so, it depends on you and your clients, can you keep a big grin on and will they back you up if there is trouble. Oh and will you lose any business?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Not that kind of client / business meeting - we all work for HMRC, but the team is split between Telford, Southend and Newcastle. So they're not clients in the traditional sense and no loss of business is at risk. "Back me up?" half of them are over-fifty females - I'll let you decide ...

I'll defer my decision and await outcomes of Tuesday and next weekend. - I'll err on the side of caution and probably give it a miss - wouldn't want to jeopardise my recent £4k teeth implant work ...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me ....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here