Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taboo. There will be spoilers.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I thought it was an interesting, sometimes hilarious, always captivating, occasionally ridiculous series with an absolute stonker of a last episode on Saturday just gone.
Anyone else enjoy this one and looking forward to series 2? Why is he not heading to Nootka straight away? Questions to be answered in the already confirmed S2.

Tom Hollander was, as per, utterly brilliant.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me, the standout aspect of that whole series was the superbly dark, mysterious and menacing performance of James Delaney by Tom Hardy, it was truly exceptional.

The guy has real screen presence and, as a James Bond fan, I can think of no better successor to Daniel Craig than Tom Hardy. "Women like him, men want to be like him" etc.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Thoroughly enjoyed it up until the last episode which I thought was a bit all over the place at times. Still good fun but the penultimate episode was the best IMO. It's head and shoulders above anything else on at that time on a Saturday and sets the benchmark for all future period dramas. Great to see a bit more of Scroobius Pip than we had previously too.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought it was an interesting, sometimes hilarious, always captivating, occasionally ridiculous series with an absolute stonker of a last episode on Saturday just gone.
Anyone else enjoy this one and looking forward to series 2? Why is he not heading to Nootka straight away? Questions to be answered in the already confirmed S2.

Tom Hollander was, as per, utterly brilliant.

I'm sure they'll be a S2, off to the Azores then Nootka.
Can't wait!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Very original. Very dark

usually I enjoy the first few episodes of a series and then lose interest over time. This was the other way round. Started off struggling with it, but then found myself enjoying it more and more. Last but one was when I really got involved.

Still have no idea whether or not I was on Delaney's side. Probably yes by the end, but he took a while to warm to...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, Scoobius Pip's French Bill should get a character boost now he part of only a handful of crew.

I disagree that Tom Hardy would make a good Bond. I really rate Hardy in the right project but he's too gruff, even for a new era Bond. Too well known also. Can't see him being good in Bond.

As an aside I think they should do a one off Bond film with a traditional style Bond actor in a one time only turn as Bond, set in the 1960's, really strip it back and then leave the series alone for a decade.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I disagree that Tom Hardy would make a good Bond. I really rate Hardy in the right project but he's too gruff, even for a new era Bond. Too well known also. Can't see him being good in Bond.

I agree but for different reasons. I think he's the wrong build to be Bond. He's far too big and muscular. Part of Bond's charm is that he doesn't have the physical strength to beat the big henchmen so that's why he has all the gadgets.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree but for different reasons. I think he's the wrong build to be Bond. He's far too big and muscular. Part of Bond's charm is that he doesn't have the physical strength to beat the big henchmen so that's why he has all the gadgets.

Yes, that too. I would like to see Henry Lloyd Hughes in the Bond role. Good actor and the look is perfect.....

IMG_2356.JPG

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Er, Tom Hardy is 1.75m and 76kg. Daniel Craig is 1m 78m and 78kg.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Er, Tom Hardy is 1.75m and 76kg. Daniel Craig is 1m 78m and 78kg.

Craig is taller and leaner though so looks okay in a tux. Although he started to look like an old school bouncer by Skyfall and positively thuggish in that last one.

Hardy in a tux looks like The Krays, funnily enough.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I listened to an interview with the writer of Taboo, he said there are 2 more series to come :)

James Delaney is an utterly brilliant character, the way he strides around, head slightly bowed, right shoulder forward in that overcoat...terrifying. Got a soft (or not so soft) spot for Mrs Delaney/Lorna Bow.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Bonds 'charm'?
Bond is a misogynist, emotionally stunted, throwback to a 1950's idea of masculinity
The sooner the whole sad franchise bites the dust the better. Way past its sell by date.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Tom Hardy defines "Watchable" especially as Delaney. Please let Tom Hollander survive. Please.

I think he croaked at the end :-(
Hope Mrs D survives.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Thoroughly enjoyed it up until the last episode which I thought was a bit all over the place at times. Still good fun but the penultimate episode was the best IMO. It's head and shoulders above anything else on at that time on a Saturday and sets the benchmark for all future period dramas. Great to see a bit more of Scroobius Pip than we had previously too.

"I have a use for you !"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here