Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's getting the timing wrong ?

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Fan zone and the history build up on the big screens does a great job of lifting the atmosphere just before the players emerge , we used to get this spot on but recently the timing has been off , we get this great lift and surge of anticipation and then ........................................ a four or five minute gap and the moment is lost, sort it someone

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Fan zone and the history build up on the big screens does a great job of lifting the atmosphere just before the players emerge , we used to get this spot on but recently the timing has been off , we get this great lift and surge of anticipation and then ........................................ a four or five minute gap and the moment is lost, sort it someone

Now many people moan that the fans should be the ones who ramp up the atmosphere, isn't it therefore the fans fault its lost?

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Now many people moan that the fans should be the ones who ramp up the atmosphere, isn't it therefore the fans fault its lost?

You are right, I can remember in the Goldstone years with no big screens and whatever, the east terrace would be the first to get a glimpse of the players in the tunnel and they would star the chant of "bring on the champions" this would spread around the ground and the players would emerge to a wall of noise
Now the club have taken that spontaneity away with fan zone and this history build up on the big screens ok so be it, all I'm saying is please get the timing right or you just end up with this void and its wasted

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Got to get those pesky adverts in somewhere!!! Strangely last Saturday they never showed the fans in Fan Zone, but played the music with adverts on the screen. Bah!!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You are right, I can remember in the Goldstone years with no big screens and whatever, the east terrace would be the first to get a glimpse of the players in the tunnel and they would star the chant of "bring on the champions" this would spread around the ground and the players would emerge to a wall of noise
Now the club have taken that spontaneity away with fan zone and this history build up on the big screens ok so be it, all I'm saying is please get the timing right or you just end up with this void and its wasted
I used to love that! You always knew when the players were coming out because the fans on the bit of the East Terrace that faced the tunnel would start to cheer and clap, that was the signal for the rest of us to get ready. As much a part of the matchday experience as Ron Pavey's halftime draws.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I got my timing wrong with trying to pace myself beers-wise on Saturday. I can't get my head around what time to start drinking or what to have to even things out.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Not the last few seasons at the Goldstone, the east terrace looked more like my old Dads cabbage patch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here