Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're on our way - Brighton's posh music class version

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I know its been discussed numerous times about the 2 distinct North stand singing sections but I did laugh on Saturday when hearing 'We're on our way' sung by both groups but about 2 seconds offset from each other, reminded me of being back at school in music lessons when the teacher asked one group to sing Three blind mice but slightly behind the first group on purpose - very difficult to pull off properly :bowdown:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I've seen threads on this but never seen an answer,
Is is just a pathetic case of male pride where one refuses to be led by the other?

The north signing together would sound great.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've seen threads on this but never seen an answer,
Is is just a pathetic case of male pride where one refuses to be led by the other?

The north signing together would sound great.

I'm on the eastern side of the north stand. I can't hear anything from the other side of the giant screen. Sound just doesn't travel sideways.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
by the way, this post isn't another dig at the North stand singing split, I actually think the atmosphere was really amazing at the Reading game and the whole ground was buzzing and singing. I just thought it was extra funny listening to the offset version of 'We're on our way'

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I'm on the eastern side of the north stand. I can't hear anything from the other side of the giant screen. Sound just doesn't travel sideways.
I'm in west lower, level with the penalty spot, I can obviously hear the section under the police box but can also clearly hear the section the other side of the screen.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Watching the game later on TV the atmosphere sounded fantastic with an almost constant barrage of noise. Trouble is sometimes you could hear about 6 songs going, 3 versions of We're on our Way each about 2 seconds apart, a drone of Aaalllbbbbiiiiooonnn, We are Brighton, and something else. The acoustics are all wrong.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Watching the game later on TV the atmosphere sounded fantastic with an almost constant barrage of noise. Trouble is sometimes you could hear about 6 songs going, 3 versions of We're on our Way each about 2 seconds apart, a drone of Aaalllbbbbiiiiooonnn, We are Brighton, and something else. The acoustics are all wrong.

Nothing wrong with the acoustics. Some people just refuse to listen.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

yeah, something else was the Sidwell song .... it was mental in the North after :O

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon people should be banned from thumping the metal signs in the North - unless they first pass some kind of rhythm proficiency test.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Same here. I've read numerous posts on various threads about the North singing a particular song- and Ive not heard it at all.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think Gareth Malone would be hard pressed to get both sections singing as one. Maybe this could be sold as his next series - Gareth and Football Choirs

Couldn't hear the harmony myself, although I may have been distracted by the phone light show which should be outlawed immediately

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

I was beginning to think I was a lone voice!

The acoustics ARE all wrong. I suspect more consideration was given to us not disturbing the moaning whining local residents than the atmosphere in the ground.

But it is what it is. Nothing we can do to change the acoustics now. But it would be nice if the "usual suspects" could try to bear this in mind next time they want to slag the NS for not making any noise!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think Gareth Malone would be hard pressed to get both sections singing as one. Maybe this could be sold as his next series - Gareth and Football Choirs

Couldn't hear the harmony myself, although I may have been distracted by the phone light show which should be outlawed immediately

This.........utter tinpottedness of the highest order

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

The acoustics ARE all wrong. I suspect more consideration was given to us not disturbing the moaning whining local residents than the atmosphere in the ground.

But it is what it is. Nothing we can do to change the acoustics now. But it would be nice if the "usual suspects" could try to bear this in mind next time they want to slag the NS for not making any noise!

If you want sing to yourselves, stick to the North Stand concourse. If you want to be heard on the pitch, in the rest of the stadium, on TV etc... then try listening and joining in with what the majority are singing, It really isn't that difficult.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

That makes no sense whatsoever. If that were the case then they would have made it so the atmosphere was kept inside the ground, making it louder.

The North Stand is divided because different groups don't seek to want to listen and all sing the same songs, they'd rather sing their own. It's nonsense to suggest that you can't hear the other groups singing and join in with that, I've sat on all sides of the North Stand, and it is easy to hear. The only solution is a drum, hence why 'we're on our way' is united and in time when sung on the concourse, because someone is banging the wall with the rhythm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That makes no sense whatsoever. If that were the case then they would have made it so the atmosphere was kept inside the ground, making it louder.

The North Stand is divided because different groups don't seek to want to listen and all sing the same songs, they'd rather sing their own. It's nonsense to suggest that you can't hear the other groups singing and join in with that, I've sat on all sides of the North Stand, and it is easy to hear. The only solution is a drum, hence why 'we're on our way' is united and in time when sung on the concourse, because someone is banging the wall with the rhythm.

Somebody was banging the wall on Saturday evening, so we could hear the rhythm. I came home slightly hoarse with all the singing that I did, in N1G, but others have said, that from the west stand, that they heard two different versions going on at the same time, so you cannot say that you can hear everything in the north stand, because, quite frankly, you can't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here