Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In praise of the (ESU anyway) catering

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not only are things going well on the pitch they seem to be going well off it as well. We have, quite rightly IMO, always been quick to start threads slagging off the catering so I think it's only fair that I should redress the balance. I've been in ESU more than anywhere else recently and the staff there seem to have solved all the irritating little problems. One person seems to operate the till (and they know how to do it) and others seem to pre-pour the drinks and get the pies out of the cabinets. At the last few matches the queues have moved really quickly - and they've always had stock!

I've gone from someone who said they'd 'never buy anything again', to having a pie and a pint before and after the match.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Not only are things going well on the pitch they seem to be going well off it as well. We have, quite rightly IMO, always been quick to start threads slagging off the catering so I think it's only fair that I should redress the balance. I've been in ESU more than anywhere else recently and the staff there seem to have solved all the irritating little problems. One person seems to operate the till (and they know how to do it) and others seem to pre-pour the drinks and get the pies out of the cabinets. At the last few matches the queues have moved really quickly - and they've always had stock!

I've gone from someone who said they'd 'never buy anything again', to having a pie and a pint before and after the match.

Can you do the same for WSU please? Still utter, utter shite.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, fully agree with that -they do seem better.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Agree with your comments, seems annoying that the mobile bar in the middle has been shut for the last two matches, seems daft that with near sell outs, that would be the time to have it open.
Yesterday the concourse was rammed but the mobile bar was shut, at least its somewhere to rest your pint on.
To be fair they opened it for half time, which, given that we were late going down because of the minutes applause was a bonus, got a half time pint immeadiatly.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

2 pies :bowdown:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They've only had 150 games to get it right. Give them a chance - baby steps and all that...

Come on, only about 50 games, we've been through three different catering companies so far lol Actually it's more than fifty, the previous two encumbents didn't last as long as Sodexo have,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here