Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five injured after car hits pedestrians - London

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Five people have been taken to hospital after a car crashed in to them in south-east London, police have said.

Emergency services were called to Bromley Road in Bellingham just before 08:30 GMT."

Terrorism!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Weird that similar incidents happened in the last 24 hours in Germany and the US.

None of these, should point out, have any links to terrorism. Just a bit of a coincidence. Hope the injured all make swift and full recoveries.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Five people have been taken to hospital after a car crashed in to them in south-east London, police have said.

Emergency services were called to Bromley Road in Bellingham just before 08:30 GMT."

Terrorism!

Sorry to disappoint, but there is a possibility it might not have been.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Terrorism!

I would not go that far based on the limited information, far more likely that the driver was still drunk or drugged up from a Saturday night out, or for some reason pressed the accelerator hard believing it to be the brake.

Would a terrorist not prefer a truck and a larger crowd.

Still no doubt Trump will label it as terrorism

Hopefully those injured recover quickly

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Taken from the BBC, drink driving appears to be the suspected reason:

The driver of the car was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
He was also arrested on suspicion of drink driving before being taken to a south London hospital with a head injury.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I would not go that far based on the limited information, far more likely that the driver was still drunk or drugged up from a Saturday night out, or for some reason pressed the accelerator hard believing it to be the brake.

Would a terrorist not prefer a truck and a larger crowd.

Still no doubt Trump will label it as terrorism

Got to love a virtue-signalling hypocrite.

You rightly advise against jumping to conclusions to fit an agenda but then you go and say that "still no doubt Trump will label it..etc...etc".

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Oh do stop splitting hairs. It was the assumption that the OP quite clearly made. You got hoisted by your own petard. Deal with it.

Its not splitting hairs there is a clear difference between the two vehicle types. I am somewhat surprised that you and the OP are unable to see this but if you want to believe they are one of the same thats fine.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Its not splitting hairs there is a clear difference between the two vehicle types. I am somewhat surprised that you and the OP are unable to see this but if you want to believe they are one of the same thats fine.

There have been terrorist attacks in France using cars ploughing into shoppers in recent years. But as it happens this seems as though this is just a drunk ****

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I think the point being made is that nobody should jump to conclusions. It doesn't help the febrile atmosphere when either side uses incidents to make political jibes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here