Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You can't win anything with kids

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'll think you'll find it is essential in order to win an U10s league. :whistle:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Just to save anyone from clicking the link, here is where they ripped off the data from

2017-02-19-ch-age1.png

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
So we're a bunch of old *******s.

No, I don't think tha's what it's showing at all. It suggests that our 'base', the fattest bit of the spread, is players aged around 23-25 (think Knocky, Dunk, Duffy). We've got a spread of talent up through the age range but we're not relying on very inexperienced players (under 22 or so). We're not afraid to have vintage quality like Bruno.

We contrast with teams which have spent most of their resources on 'proven' players in their late 20s or early 30s. That's why signing Duffy is better than signing, for example, David Nugent.

That's how I read it anyway. It's a fascinating graphic.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
In fact, you could use the graphic to suggest a common factor for all the teams who've spent big and massively under-achieved - Derby, Villa and Norwich.

All three have a bulge of players in the 25-30ish range, which suggests they've gone out and bought 'proven' expensive performers (like Vydra, Kodjia or Naismith) instead of being a bit smarter and signing the emerging 'almost-provens'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here